First Gold With Deus II (spoiler Alert, I Knew It Was Somewhere Lost On The Beach)

Well done and well told.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 6:09 PM, Skate said:

Love me or hate me, I belong to The Ringfinders and I got a call last night to rescue a men's gold wedding band from the surf up in Santa Barbara. My customer had just applied sunscreen and waded out into the surf, brought his hands up and you can figure out the rest. Off came the ring. I had one chance to get out there early enough to hopefully locate it in the wet and not have to fight the shore break so I got left this morning at 4:30 and headed to the beach. He had mentioned that he thought he was near an area of rocks and guess what, there were large rocks everywhere so I stood there in the dawn and made a decision to search an area I thought made sense.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c96b2d664d699ac71dc1227fa3204ce.jpeg

This beach was hopping with iron, targets were everywhere but because of the oncoming tide I decided I would only did solid tones 62-86. After about my 5th pass in my grid I got a LOUD 72 and I mean LOUD. It was screaming "here I am, please dig me" and two scoops later I had the ring.  When I met with the owner to return it he shared that even though it was a simple band it was made in the exact image of his father's wedding ring so it was more than just a ring for him. Some of the best moments I've ever had detecting have included giving things back to the original owner and this one was the same. To see a grown man crying for joy that he got his ring back is a feeling that can't be adequately described but it's good. 

I hope your weekend was at least half as good as mine because if it was, it was great.

image.thumb.jpeg.f079893564a746fd9208a70cc194b254.jpeg

Returning stuff is always the BEST!

WTG 👍

2 years ago I found a wedding w a wedding date back in 49’ w 2 sets of initials, wish I could find the owner😔

Aaron

• Like 2