New To Forum, From UK

Majorp

Hi my name is pete. I live in cumbria uk . I use a equinox 600 and been metal detecting for just over two years . I have found two hoards among lots of awsome finds look forward to exploring this forum. 

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum and please don't be shy about posting some of your finds here. We love hearing and seeing the finds from your area. Beautiful country and nice people last time I was there.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard the forums !

Too bad about finding those old hoards......but I guess somebody has to !

Got pics ??????????????????😳 

I have in another post .

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Majorp. 🙂

I have a 600 myself, and have, in my first year detecting, found some of the oldest stuff America has to offer from a Colonial standpoint. The 600 is certainly no slouch in this regard! I will never regret my purchase. 👍 Looks like you have done very well with it! We all envy your possibilities, believe me. 😀

Have you investigated the Coiltek 10x5 coil for your Equinox? It is the king of trash, very good in trashy iron and tight spaces, which I have read are common in the UK. You only lose about an inch of swing coverage and gain a lighter detector and razor focus pinpointing or locating a target.

It would be a great addition to your machine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome to the forum Majorp. 🙂

I have a 600 myself, and have, in my first year detecting, found some of the oldest stuff America has to offer from a Colonial standpoint. The 600 is certainly no slouch in this regard! I will never regret my purchase. 👍 Looks like you have done very well with it! We all envy your possibilities, believe me. 😀

Have you investigated the Coiltek 10x5 coil for your Equinox? It is the king of trash, very good in trashy iron and tight spaces, which I have read are common in the UK. You only lose about an inch of swing coverage and gain a lighter detector and razor focus pinpointing or locating a target.

It would be a great addition to your machine. 

Hi there . I have been detecting just over 2 years I have awsome finds from all ages roman , saxon etc. 

I brought the coiltek 15 in the pinpointing is off I have all 3 minelab coils I had tiny hammered coins among iron all my finds have came from the minelab coils and the coiltek 15in is 300 gram heavier than the minelab so over few hours you start to feel it in your arms lol . So my personal view on the coiltek is no real difference in depth with minelab so my moto is dont fix that isnt broke so finding loads with minelab coils .

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New To Forum, From UK

Welcome to the forum Pete,

Glad to have another brother across the pond! Obviously, we are all envious of the great historic finds there, and love when you post/show them! I will have to find your other posts!

Continued luck, and finds!🍀👍👍