Union Fort Somewhere In The Universe Of Alabama, Xp Deus 2 Strikes Back!

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice hunt!  That square thing almost looks like a mold, but for what?  Always love the mystery finds!

I'm starting or have thought this as well. Don't know the what part,maybe we will find out.

6 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

Not leaverite at all strick!:,(   men like myself can handle whole finds pouches full of such things! Matter fact never emptied and had all you see + piles of nails and randomness! Men or fools its left to individual judgements!

Your a better man then I...I’m a bit of a flinger these days (when no ones looking lol) good luck in your search I hope you get it identified. 

Strick

• Like 1

The surefire method to figure out if others have hard hit a good relic site ahead you sometimes by decades is to go to the base of any large trees and or rocks.If the place has been pounded you will find gunnysacks full of leaverite. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, strick said:

Your a better man then I...I’m a bit of a flinger these days (when no ones looking lol) good luck in your search I hope you get it identified. 

Strick

I flung acouple things yesterday down in the weeds acouple nice sounding cans! Besides nails and the bits of iron you see didnt dig over a handful of flingers!

4 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

The surefire method to figure out if others have hard hit a good relic site ahead you sometimes by decades is to go to the base of any large trees and or rocks.If the place has been pounded you will find gunnysacks full of leaverite. 

The owner who passed away told us 4 years ago folks had been coming for 40 years I wouldnt find anything but have at it! Since then and many hours later,40+ bullets,15+buttons,pieces of cannon balls,rings,chess pieces,name slips my mind nap sack brass,kshot later I'm still pulling the goods! Very little modern trash and this was a vort manned by only a few tens of men so not very big. Enough small pieces of metal"period" and nails to mask stuff for many trips to come as this was a very good one to me and the 20th or so trip! I'm optimistic as I've just begun coverage with deus 2 and seemingly doing well!

1 hour ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

The owner who passed away told us 4 years ago folks had been coming for 40 years I wouldnt find anything but have at it! Since then and many hours later,40+ bullets,15+buttons,pieces of cannon balls,rings,chess pieces,name slips my mind nap sack brass,kshot later I'm still pulling the goods! Very little modern trash and this was a vort manned by only a few tens of men so not very big. Enough small pieces of metal"period" and nails to mask stuff for many trips to come as this was a very good one to me and the 20th gor so trip! I'm optimistic as I've just begun coverage with deus 2 and seemingly doing well!

Having a state of the art detector {yes like the Deus for example} can surely make a big difference that's for certain.But the simple truth of the matter is that you can never clean a site like that out.Find the trash and ash layers that can be several feet deep even deeper with the privies they contain some of the best non metallic and metal items that are well out of reach of any detector Build yourself a 1/4 inch sifter and do some screening and you will be surprised at what might turn up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, strick said:

Strick

So were clear if it wasn't a interest to me big iron it woulda been trashed as iron scrap usually does. Leaverite in mind but taken out of the game I'm playing on the property if I care to come back for certain all digs go with me or wherever the owner is ok with. I haven't really dug that much big iron as I tend to f2/fe it out on nox800 pre D2. If I wouldn't have been using pitch and 0 silencer I wouldn't have dug these cool kshot along with big square thing as I usually run tones/2,3 silencer which also do away with these objects! If running factory descrim basically on all but pitch audio these things snap,crackle and pop or altogether dissapear as well so it's just circumstance I came across these things after many many trips to same location which is just a oversized yard holding the treasure of cw fort! I had intentions of using fulltones as I love the audio but after 15 minutes of just cracking,popping and plain broken signals with no solid tones to be had. Switched to pitch and if it's mingling several iron objects"nails,nail pieces,rotted tin/thin metal,you name the iron" together pitch will still hit what we're after it seems to me anyway as I'm very confident in saying I dug very few to no holes not infested with iron I speak of with the desirable target! I dug alot of holes too if I had to geuss 60+ easy. If you have a D2 or anyone who does once again if it crackles,pops or doesnt beep 2 ways without a wiggle"hover" its nails or iron trash a very high percentage to all the time!

17 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Having a state of the art detector {yes like the Deus for example} can surely make a big difference that's for certain.But the simple truth of the matter is that you can never clean a site like that out.Find the trash and ash layers that can be several feet deep even deeper with the privies they contain some of the best non metallic and metal items that are well out of reach of any detector Build yourself a 1/4 inch sifter and do some screening and you will be surprised at what might turn up.

I agree its mind blowing at the amount of metal about. I bet your right as I came across 3 of these kshot signals in a triangle like pattern acouple ft apart and no grass in the area so I dug big and came up with 2 bullets not heard before hand! It would produce things I haven't had the privelage of digging yet in my opinion if I were to do this you talk of and I may in the future!

Would you have any recommendations as to whr the best spot would be to dig? There is one location 20,25yds long 10yds wide where I've found all the buttons that have came up.? I have a somewhat area whr all horseshoe's have came up,kshot loose like I've discovered "I dont think these were shot at the fort"in a area, carved bullets same area as button area which would be my guess as their housing area!? I've never considered this digging but now you bring it up I'm excited and very excited!:)

13 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

The square thing has no threads

Looks to be a axle plate for a Civil War cannon, the axle would go through the center hole to connect to the other wheel.

There were 2 of these one on each side. I hope this helps as that is all that I can find to match that item.

• Like 3