I Think Mississippi Rifle Pattern? Also Dug Barber Dime Info From Coin Expert!

Very nice finds and the dime is in really good condition.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

That dime is a key date/low mintage and is worth at least couple of hundred bucks even being a dug coin, if it wasn't a dug coin it would be worth around a $1000 or so, I would put it on eBay as is if you are interested is selling it, good find IMHO!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

That dime is a key date/low mintage and is worth at least couple of hundred bucks even being a dug coin, if it wasn't a dug coin it would be worth around a $1000 or so, I would put it on eBay as is if you are interested is selling it, good find IMHO!

Vg08 $6-700retail latest auction 5to550. Not for sale but it's cool knowing I dug a dime with more than standard! My guy lifelong coin numismatist says vg grade would come back and it's what he does although environmental damage also I didnt ask what exactly it all meant as it was email and I was happy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

I would seek to part ways with jewelry my wife or I didnt like but coins or relics are for me alone and hopefully kids in time! If I happened to find a pile of shells I'd consider selling but only shells if I could do something important with the $ if not I'd keep em 

• Like 1

Commonwealthdetector,

I have a friend that’s a dealer and he said the same thing about the environmental damage. I took a 92s and a 76cc dime to him to give me a value on them. That’s when I found out these guys so worried about rubbing the dirt off were  just fooling themselves. The coins already damaged from being in the ground a hundred years or more. Rubbing the dirt off isn’t really going to make much if any difference at all. I did also find an 01s barber last year.

We don’t get to choose what we’re gonna find so congratulations on a key barber dime! Awesome find!!

HH!! Tom

249F1ED2-E8DA-4C8E-B47D-D17AC12742DE.jpeg

5A419BDA-B848-4774-AD32-D211330D3DC7.jpeg

DF753282-7E52-4F5C-893D-49EB5001E56D.jpeg

55635848-2764-482F-930D-0646527D08A5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Commonwealthdetector,

I have a friend that’s a dealer and he said the same thing about the environmental damage. I took a 92s and a 76cc dime to him to give me a value on them. That’s when I found out these guys so worried about rubbing the dirt off were  just fooling themselves. The coins already damaged from being in the ground a hundred years or more. Rubbing the dirt off isn’t really going to make much if any difference at all. I did also find an 01s barber last year.

We don’t get to choose what we’re gonna find so congratulations on a key barber dime! Awesome find!!

HH!! Tom

Those are NICE! I looked at some auctions and even with environmental damage if it graded vg which the guy said it would could be upward of $400 at auction. I saw one go for upper half of 5. All that said it's not for sale and this coin man is according to the interweb top tier. Charles with alabama silver and gold huntsville alabama. I bought a purple hue ms66 from him a few years back. He also told me of several hundred I wasted once "fakes" back in my early coin days! I'm not from Huntsville just tend to be around these parts for work often and I just email him pics, hes long forgotten me and has no complaints to give coin info albeit no holds barred opinion you will recieve!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

Those are NICE! I looked at some auctions and even with environmental damage if it graded vg which the guy said it would could be upward of $400 at auction. I saw one go for upper half of 5. All that said it's not for sale and this coin man is according to the interweb top tier. Charles with alabama silver and gold huntsville alabama. I bought a purple hue ms66 from him a few years back. He also told me of several hundred I wasted once "fakes" back in my early coin days! I'm not from Huntsville just tend to be around these parts for work often and I just email him pics, hes long forgotten me and has no complaints to give coin info albeit no holds barred opinion you will recieve!

Thanks!  I was very happy with the two key barbers  I found but you found “the key barber” !! That was an awesome find for sure!! 
 I would for sure have a value written down for that so  in the future family will know what it’s worth. Coins like that don’t come along very often. Happy for ya!!

18 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Commonwealthdetector,

HH!! Tom

If coin has environmental damage and still have good detail rubbing off dirt isn’t going to hurt but if you rub too hard it  may leave deep scratch lines on the surface.  

• Like 1