The Truth About The Legend Compared To The Deus 2, To Me

18 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Read p. 24 of the manual for the process for resetting any of the 4 custom user profiles to factory default settings.

On that note, so if you change a setting, in let’s say, park mode. After all the changes you made are done, you can go into profile and save that? Or do you have to adjust the settings after you went into the selected profile then save it?

4 hours ago, Joe L said:

I’m not sure if there are others like me out there, but I imagine there MUST be. I am so used to my Fisher Gold Bug Pro that I wanted to give myself a challenge.  I purchased a legend. My oh my, I need to be a computer genius to operate this thing.  Now, I’m getting used to it and coming along, that’s one of the reasons why I’m parting with my Bug. I want to put all the learning into the legend.  Now as for the Deus 2, I would love to maybe have one some day, but my rocket scientist license has expired. Wow, I think you need a college class to learn that girl. I don’t even understand a lot about it when I hear you guys talk about it.

So my comparison, I believe I will be able, over a bit of time, to be comfortable with the Legend, but the Deus, I don’t think I can.

But from what I read and see, both FINE machines.  So just enjoy ‘em.   Joe

You’ll be surprised what you can learn and how quickly. Things like this always look daunting at first. But there’s a saying “how do you eat an elephant?” And the answer is “one piece at a time.” One day you’ll look back at how overwhelming it was and find it amusing. 

• Like 1

I've seen three posts here by different members that mention reading the manual.  I was going to say that, too, but now I'll just say "read it twice, and when you're done with that, read it again."  OK, that's a bit over the top.  My typical practice is to:

1) follow the "getting started" instructions and test some targets;

2) read the manual front to back;

3) go for a real detect, maybe 2 or 3;

4) read the manual again;

5) go for half dozen or so hunts (or about a month's worth) and read it a 3rd time.

I always try to refer back to the manual a couple or more times per year.  As you learn in the field, what's said in the manual will become increasingly clear.  And if you're like me you'll find a thing or two where you ask yourself "why didn't I notice that before?  I'll give it a try."

• Like 4

Just my opinion if you can figure out the legend menu the deus2 menu and settings is a breeze. I really like the legend, and patiently waiting the next update for iron bias setting. Think iron bias adjustability is gonna be a big benefit in my old trashy/iron sites.Good luck with the legend. Hit me up if you decide you want to upgrade to a D2 👍👊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joe L said:

I’m not sure if there are others like me out there, but I imagine there MUST be. I am so used to my Fisher Gold Bug Pro that I wanted to give myself a challenge.  I purchased a legend. My oh my, I need to be a computer genius to operate this thing.  Now, I’m getting used to it and coming along, that’s one of the reasons why I’m parting with my Bug. I want to put all the learning into the legend.  Now as for the Deus 2, I would love to maybe have one some day, but my rocket scientist license has expired. Wow, I think you need a college class to learn that girl. I don’t even understand a lot about it when I hear you guys talk about it.

So my comparison, I believe I will be able, over a bit of time, to be comfortable with the Legend, but the Deus, I don’t think I can.

But from what I read and see, both FINE machines.  So just enjoy ‘em.   Joe

They all take time to learn. Some just take longer. 

16 hours ago, Joe L said:

On that note, so if you change a setting, in let’s say, park mode. After all the changes you made are done, you can go into profile and save that? Or do you have to adjust the settings after you went into the selected profile then save it?

It's all spelled out on p. 24.

• Like 1

The major UI difference between the Deus II and Legend are layered menu vs having all features available in one screen. The latter does seem to be easier to master for most people, at least from a navigational standpoint. I’m fine with either UI as long as features aren’t being compromised for lack of space to display them. The most difficult part of Deus II for me was learning to navigate to the features I want to change. 

Not having a Legend I can’t compare the two beyond that, but I’m not a person who thinks Nokta Makro can’t come close enough to Deus II performance to be a true competitor for only $635. Clearly they can from what I’m seeing and hearing even though they didn’t begin with the Deus II in mind. What made the major difference for me is the Deus’ legendary iron performance, the dive rating giving me enough depth to use my Hookah setup to the fullest, the ergonomics and aesthetic look of the machine, ability to make a Deus II Lite backup from the puck, and the consistent evolution of XP platforms. The updates never stop with XP. I also like the idea of future cell phone app integration and development for the platforms. To me those things were worth the difference. 

I could just own them both, but only if I were gaining something I don’t already have. So far, I haven’t seen anything I don’t already have in the Equinox and Deus II. I would just be buying it because I want to own them all just to have them. I keep a close eye on Legend nonetheless, waiting for that one feature that pushes me over the edge into purchase. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The Truth About The Legend Compared To The Deus 2, To Me