Barber Dime

Denny

2 hours ago, Denny said:

Hit the grassy area for 5 hours on Sunday tried hard to find another gold nugget didn’t happen but manage to dig up a 1900 barber dime.  I’d 82-83-88 one way and 81-82 the other.  I believe the coin was on edge 4-5 inches deep one of the reasons I bought the D2. Barber coin not corroded like many this one is just worn down from use.

Denny

4C5515DC-4A56-4AEA-97FC-E6EB178A84AE.jpeg

B5A47132-CFCC-4036-B149-0522A1B5D23F.jpeg

Sweet Find!! 👍🤙

• Like 1

Very nice! 👍
Barbers of any kind are so RARE in my parts, and Seated forget it! I just got news of a street tear up coming up next month in a mid 1800s area. Hoping to I’ll find some Barbers & Seated.

CONGRATS!

Aaron

• Like 3

That’s an interesting series of ID#s. Is this indicative of where older silver dimes will fall or because it was on edge? 

• Like 1

Standing Liberty and Barbers, except for the V nickel have eluded me as well so far. Got a Walker and two seateds after a year of hunting. Most odd is I have never dug a silver Roosevelt dime. 🤔 I've dug more Spanish silver than anything in the 18/1900s.  Nice coin! 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aaron said:

Very nice! 👍
Barbers of any kind are so RARE in my parts, and Seated forget it! I just got news of a street tear up coming up next month in a mid 1800s area. Hoping to I’ll find some Barbers & Seated.

CONGRATS!

Aaron

That’s exciting news.  You may also find a gold or bust coin.

14 hours ago, Skate said:

That’s an interesting series of ID#s. Is this indicative of where older silver dimes will fall or because it was on edge? 

My 1887s seated dime I’d 88-90.   The barber dime was 81-83-88.  I believe it was on edge because of the lower numbers. Ground here in central California is bad ground I.d. is 92.  

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Standing Liberty and Barbers, except for the V nickel have eluded me as well so far. Got a Walker and two seateds after a year of hunting. Most odd is I have never dug a silver Roosevelt dime. 🤔 I've dug more Spanish silver than anything in the 18/1900s.  Nice coin! 👍

You’ll find a barber or standing liberty quarter soon. 
I hate them pesky Rosies prefer something older.   I’ve only dug up 2 rosies at the patch of grass I’ve been hunting for over 10 years.