If You Don't Find Much On A Hunt, You Might Want To Find This

4 minutes ago, Tometusns said:

Sweet! That makes it a good hunt! 😁

I would have been happy with the Tombac, those buttons are as old if not older than the real. 🙂

• Like 3

That's a pretty good hunt. Spanish silver (and you even go the date), a tombac and the copper spike is interesting as well. Wonder if it was used as a ground for a lightning rod wire? Cool stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, schoolofhardNox said:

That's a pretty good hunt. Spanish silver (and you even go the date), a tombac and the copper spike is interesting as well. Wonder if it was used as a ground for a lightning rod wire? Cool stuff!

The spike I dug on the road I was following, it was a strong copper signal. No evidence of a house anywhere there. Odd... 🤔 I expected to find some buckshot and bullet stuff there but not that.

• Like 2

That'll do and good for you!

• Thanks 1

Is there a possibility the Copper spike could be ship related? Your close to the Potomac River correct?

• Like 1

Great hunting in such a nice place, I love the scenery of where you hunt, reminds me of the places I go to hunt.

Good luck on your next hunt and please listen to your NOX crying out to have some fun time with you.

• Like 1

Wow, awesome finds again! You have a nose for relics and that half Reale is a beauty! Well done!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JCR said:

Is there a possibility the Copper spike could be ship related? Your close to the Potomac River correct?

Could be, this is closer to a tributary. The landowner told me they used to run shallow draft barges up into the place the road led. I was hoping to get down there, it was about a mile walk through thick forest overgrowth. So far he's only cleared about a to quarter mile of it. Only made it about halfway, I'll try again now that I have a better idea of where the road is. I'm happy to not be covered with ticks, and the woods are full of ravines. 😀

• Like 2