Deus2 With Equinox Plate

max702

good morning everyone I write from Italy (forgive my bad English) I have a deus2 and I would like your opinion on this video https://youtu.be/HBh9d1oMzCw which I found where you can see the wired connection of an equinox plate (apparently ) fully functional if the thing were feasible there would be the 6 '' of the NOX which could be very interesting

I would be tempted to say that it is misinformation, but in Russia it is quite natural!

Keep in mind though that the RC has a 6-pin data port. Data port mapping shows only 4 pins are being used when the supplied USB cable is connected. And if you use the headphone adapter it only uses 2 pins, both of which are shared on the 4 pins for USB.

That leaves 2 pins not being used, which do have wires going to the control board. While these 2 unused pins could serve a factory purpose, there is a possibility they could be used for something else. Time will tell!

pensandoci bene ritengo improbabile che si possa collegare una piastra alla porta dati saremo costretti ad accontentarci delle uniche due piastre sempre che non  ne escano di nuove o da venditori terzi

thinking about it I think it unlikely that we can connect a plate to the data port we will be forced to settle for the only two plates as long as no new ones come out or from third-party vendors

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Keep in mind though that the RC has a 6-pin data port. Data port mapping shows only 4 pins are being used when the supplied USB cable is connected. And if you use the headphone adapter it only uses 2 pins, both of which are shared on the 4 pins for USB.

That leaves 2 pins not being used, which do have wires going to the control board. While these 2 unused pins could serve a factory purpose, there is a possibility they could be used for something else. Time will tell!

That is an interesting thought. However, isn't a significant amount of processing going on in the XP coils that is not done in the remote, unlike regular detectors that use wired coils? I could be wrong about that.

If the D2 could be wired to use the Nox 10x5" coil, or any other 10x5 coil for that matter, I'd be all over that! 😉

• Like 1