I am abosolutly in love with my gb2 I sleep with it at night, I give it massages and swing her all night and day long.          The most sensitive easy to use machine in my opinion...just have to have an understanding of the machine and where your working. Yes it is a job specific tool... And is unbeatable at that. Area searching through different ground and rough terrain will pull your hair out and is not gb2s preffed use... Run a g racer or gmt. But using it running bedrock cracks uncovered placer working or scraping tops of tailing piles for crushed specimens I have never used a machine that can keep up. 90% of my gold comes from my gb2.  

2 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

I have two GB2's; made one into a pinpointer and the other is still my bedrock sniper. They have become "task specific tools", and when prospecting in the desert where water is scarce, its amazing what that machine can do with just a bit of creativity. I know they're finally on the cusp of being over-taken by newer machines but  I will always have one.

• Like 1

So much emphasis on id and discrimination. I almost always run all metal modes and dig all targets and ids. Some of my favorite finds are iron relics from the past worth much money and very interesting interesting pieces of history. Not to mention the amount of gold I have found under iron, hot rocks and attached to rusted nails and sorts. Dig it all