Been A Lurker, Just Moved To Southeast Oklahoma

Hey all,  been a member for a bit, but just lurked and read for the most part.  the knowledge here has been a fantastic help!  Just moved from California to SE Oklahoma.  Hoping to run across a few others that enjoy the hobby within drivable hunting distances. seems like all the clubs i can find are 2+ hrs away!   updated to the Equinox 800 about a year and a half ago, but haven't had the time recently (finding a place and then the move) to do much with it.  things have settled now and I'm just starting to explore the 20 acres i live on now.  

• Like 6

Welcome from East Texas. There is bound to be some history hiding on 20 acres.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JCR said:

9 minutes ago, JCR said:

thats kinda what i thought!  google earth shows another house that burned about 10 years back that is now just part of the side yard on the north side.  theres also a standing small older dwelling on the southern edge of the property as well.  so far I've uncovered 8 matchbox/ hotwheels from the 80s on my first go here. waiting on things to dry out a bit now.

Check any hill tops or creeks too. More rain coming tonight.

• Like 1

have spoken with the old owner, there is supposed to be an old swimmin hole close by as well.  still standing water out back, crawdads moving through too. lots of volcanos out there.  will wander over to the higher side of the property in the morning and see what i can come up with.

Try http://historicaerials.com. You can look at topographic maps, old aerial photos and more for free. That site can show you a lot of unknown building sites. They will appear as square dots on the older maps. Welcome to the forum!

HTH, HH

• Like 4

350 is correct. The old aerial photos a great but often the old Topo maps will have the best information.

• Like 2