New Notch Feature In V0.71?

23 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Me too!   My detecting time is limited and I try to learn more about a detector as I detect.  Sometimes I’ll do a test or two to clear up a question I may have. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 4:59 AM, F350Platinum said:

I'm not big on testing, more on finding 😀

One of the most profound statements on metal detecting ever uttered. The testing of detectors has spawned more keyboard warriors than anything else. 

Testing is about fulfilling as metal detecting your wife's purse. Too many zinc's and very few quarters and the junk you have to sift through to get those!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

My field detecting time is also limited but I often have small windows of time at home between chores to test an idea or answer a question I have in my mind. I enjoy learning at any opportunity & want to be proficient with each machine. It is all fun to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCR said:

My field detecting time is also limited but I often have small windows of time at home between chores to test an idea or answer a question I have in my mind. I enjoy learning at any opportunity & want to be proficient with each machine. It is all fun to me.

Testing for learning optimal settings and especially “day of hunt” tuning to local conditions is a lot different than the ad nauseum comparative testing to determine detector superiority (in my opinion mostly a waste of my time to do and a waste of my time to watch).  I agree with testing and experimentation to advance proficiency with a machine’s capabilities.  

Since F350 is my frequent detecting partner, I know EXACTLY where he is coming from with his “I’m not big on testing…” statement.  Detecting time to me is like valued treasure in itself.

Since some people do value my opinion on newly released detectors, I will begrudgingly do controlled testing to collect performance data if asked, but it bores me to tears.  My reviews on detectors are more informed by in the field swing hours and natural conditions than by test garden tests.  I utilize a test garden primarily for operational go-no go hardware checks, new detector familiarization, and tuning; to determine if updates have gross performance bugs; or to do crude comparative testing.  In the field, I’ll use test targets for tuning of some settings, but that’s about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Since some people do value my opinion on newly released detectors, I will begrudgingly do controlled testing to collect performance data if asked, but it bores me to tears.  My reviews on detectors are more informed by in the field swing hours and natural conditions than by test garden tests.  I utilize a test garden primarily for operational go-no go hardware checks, new detector familiarization, and tuning; to determine if updates have gross performance bugs; or to do crude comparative testing.  In the field, I’ll use test targets for tuning of some settings, but that’s about it.

Thank you Chase. I very much look forward to your impressions and explanations of the D2 as well.

• Thanks 1

I haven’t seen any video on V0.71. I also have seen no reports. One thing I noticed, when it first was available it gave you an opportunity to go back to V0.6. I did my friends the other day and it no longer offered going back to V 0.6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I my limited opinion, I'd say that V0.71 is more stable and the pinpoint function seems much better than V0.6, so I have no intention of going back.

• Like 4

On 5/6/2022 at 2:53 PM, Skate said:

One of the most profound statements on metal detecting ever uttered. The testing of detectors has spawned more keyboard warriors than anything else. 

Testing is about fulfilling as metal detecting your wife's purse. Too many zinc's and very few quarters and the junk you have to sift through to get those!

I agree with you when you talk about keyboard warriors, in Italian language we say “Ultras da tastiera”, it’s the same and I agree. The fact is that in a test you organize the situation you want..when you go detecting is more difficult because situations are endless! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

I agree with you when you talk about keyboard warriors, in Italian language we say “Ultras da tastiera”, it’s the same and I agree. The fact is that in a test you organize the situation you want..when you go detecting is more difficult because situations are endless! 

Are you near Perugia by chance?