New Notch Feature In V0.71?

Depth vs filtration: depth and filtration; or willingness to dig targets with no filtration (if that exists at this point) are all great points of discussion, but the detecting scenario dictates or limits any of the above other than the willingness of the user to dig.  This depth thing got way out of hand a while ago. The D2 is becoming a separation beast, which is what a VLF is meant to be. 

10 hours ago, raziel900 said:
relic and goldfield are all metal programs without filters in theory they should be deeper than any other deus 2 stock program ... on many youtube videos goldfield despite using high frequencies is the deepest program for each type of target, I am attaching a video where demonstrates the power of goldfield

Thanks for that link, but from what I can tell they are using a UK bronze half-penny which is like a US zincoln cent, I suppose, in terms of conductivity.  That is. neither a mid nor a high conductive target (about 3/4 on 4 point conductivity scale or about a 75 on a 99 point scale).  You can't draw absolute conclusions from a single target type, so who's to say whether Relic, GF, or Deep HC might hit harder on higher conductive or even lower conductive targets than what was used in the video. 

As a long time Deus user and instructor, I am well aware of the power of Gold Field and its minimal filtering.  It is still a processed signal, however (especially in FMF), with IAR, notch, iron audio, reactivity, and (dynamic) audio response options, so not true all metal.  Relic is simply using a slightly different (lower weighted) FMF profile than GF on the D2, that's the only difference, so lower conductivity, smaller profile targets are favored by GF vs. higher conductivity, larger profile targets by Relic, as a general rule, hence the "Relic" designation. 

But remember, on Deus 1 GF is switchable single frequency and can be used anywhere from 4 to 80 khz depending on the Deus 1 coil that is used.  IMO, XP needs to explore providing a selectable single frequency variant of GF/Relic on the D2 as a future update, similar to the D2 Deus Mono Program 7 for the "Discrimination" modes, to give GF/Relic some additional capability for specific target groups such as sub gram gold and high conductors.  For smaller target sensitivity and tight spots, a 5x10 coil would also be a welcome addition.

In my experience, Relic gives me sufficient depth for general searching (especially in hot, mineralized ground) and Deep HC (or Sensitive/General/Mono) in Pitch and Full Tones gives me additional interrogation information to perhaps better characterize the target from the audio nuances in that modes tone options (which are not available in GF and Relic) after I have acquired it in Relic.  I will certainly look closer at GF, but I think Relic still provides a better Middle of the Road option vs. GF and Deep HC in pitch to hit with sufficient depth and separation on a broader spectrum of targets that best suits my hunting objectives.  In fact, since I am usually dealing with iron patches that are the telltale remnants of human habitation, I am more concerned with target separation and TID accuracy than raw depth. FWIW.

• Like 7

Very good topic thank you mates!

I tested Relic on an old Neolithic settlement through the Early and Late Middle Ages. Mass of iron, coke. Almost zero modern pollution. Notch set from 0 to 6 ensures great comfort of work. Even at a value of 0, it's too hard. IAR Discrimination set to 3 to avoid masking low gold coin type conductors. The setting really works. Reactivity 1.5

• Like 3

On 5/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Since the detector can't differentiate a ground anomaly from a legit target, if you notch 00 then yes, you will exclude the audio of a 00 target (you will still see 00 displayed as notch only suppresses audio)

When you notch an ID, you will not hear it, yes but you will not see it anymore too ! the only clue that there is a silent target under your coil is the horseshoe or the XY that display the target signal.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:31 AM, Chase Goldman said:

But remember, on Deus 1 GF is switchable single frequency and can be used anywhere from 4 to 80 khz depending on the Deus 1 coil that is used.  IMO, XP needs to explore providing a selectable single frequency variant of GF/Relic on the D2 as a future update, similar to the D2 Deus Mono Program 7 for the "Discrimination" modes, to give GF/Relic some additional capability for specific target groups such as sub gram gold and high conductors.  For smaller target sensitivity and tight spots, a 5x10 coil would also be a welcome addition.

If you want to have a single frequency GF program on the D2, you can try to set the prog 7 with a -6.4 discri and the Pitch setting, of course, you'll not have the IAR discri but you can use the ID display to help you choose if you want to dig or not 😉

Sly

15 hours ago, slyworld said:

When you notch an ID, you will not hear it, yes but you will not see it anymore too ! the only clue that there is a silent target under your coil is the horseshoe or the XY that display the target signal.

If you want to have a single frequency GF program on the D2, you can try to set the prog 7 with a -6.4 discri and the Pitch setting, of course, you'll not have the IAR discri but you can use the ID display to help you choose if you want to dig or not 😉

Sly

Thanks, that's a passable workaround, but the processing and sensitivity in the disc modes even at -6.4 disc is still not the same as Goldfield (you can see that when comparing that setup with Gold Field in the Deus 1 on micro mid conductive targets).  Also, beside the loss of the "two tone" ferrous/non-ferrous audio you get with IAR, you also lose the Gold Field/ Relic threshold functionality doing it that way.  Mono Gold Field should eventually be provided.

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks, that's a passable workaround, but the processing and sensitivity in the disc modes even at -6.4 disc is still not the same as Goldfield (you can see that when comparing that setup with Gold Field in the Deus 1 on micro mid conductive targets).  Also, beside the loss of the "two tone" ferrous/non-ferrous audio you get with IAR, you also lose the Gold Field/ Relic threshold functionality doing it that way.  Mono Gold Field should eventually be provided.

When you select Pitch, you have the threshold available in any program 😉

for me the only really important update they should do is change that ridiculous small and poorly defined display that on a 1600 euro metal is very out of place, difficult to read it while brushing in the evening in the water, and to wear glasses in this type of research it's impossible

4 hours ago, fabio said:

for me the only really important update they should do is change that ridiculous small and poorly defined display that on a 1600 euro metal is very out of place, difficult to read it while brushing in the evening in the water, and to wear glasses in this type of research it's impossible

If you have the recent update, it now has a full screen TID option.

Deus II V-0.71 Update