My 0.71 Update Experience

On 5/7/2022 at 9:45 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Have not encountered any performance issues with 0.71.  Works A LOT better than 0.6 so far in terms of the improvements to the filters, audio, and the addition of notch to Relic and Gold Field - not missing 0.6 at all.   A number of folks who post here have upgraded to 0.71 and you are the first to report a performance issue.

Air tests are notoriously unreliable benchmarks.  Are you 100% sure the machine was set up identically in both cases (i.e., same mode with the same exact settings for ALL parametes including frequency channel (same EMI situation) for both versions?)  What program and settings are you using for your air tests?  If you are convinced there is an issue, try reloading the update and test again.  If you still don't like it you can still easily roll back to ver 0.6, so no need to wish you hadn't upgraded.

I’m a unlucky ducky. Not that I would roll back as V 0.71 seems fine to me but my update does not give me the option to roll back.

41D7033F-F5D5-4BE4-A8C8-2E128FA0B352.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:06 AM, Carolina said:

I’m a unlucky ducky. Not that I would roll back as V 0.71 seems fine to me but my updates does not give me the option to roll back.

So when you click that down arrow, 0.6 doesn't show up like below?

20220509_070948.thumb.jpg.5acc4dd82d2214de44f32c8f7f45be79.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

So when you click that down arrow, 0.6 doesn't show up like below?

20220509_070948.thumb.jpg.5acc4dd82d2214de44f32c8f7f45be79.jpg

Thank you chase. I did not even see the button! I got to start wearing my glasses! My first update showed O.6 to the immediate left of V 0.71. Thanks again for your help.  As I stated earlier I will not be rolling back.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Carolina said:

As I stated earlier I will not be rolling back

Yep.  Neither will I.  0.71 seems like a keeper.  But it's a good safety blanket in the event something pops up weird like with ver .70.  Screenshot might help someone else who doesn't know they can roll back like drive-by poster kriticalj above...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of my parameters were the same from modes, settings, and location. I reinstalled and still noticed a difference so I just went back to v6 and have had amazing results. I may delete the update from the computer and try it again seeing as everyone else has had no issues with it. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, ColonelDan said:

I admit to being somewhat  reserved about jumping right in to the latest update, but this morning, I decided to try it on my secondary Deus 2 that I’ve christened the “Test Dummy.”
After following the exact sequence as shown on the XP update screen for a flawless installation, I added all custom programs back in and ran it through my test garden.  Everything worked as designed…..smooth with no glitches!    
The final “real world” test will be Sunday evening at Cocoa Beach…dry, damp and wet sand and surf.  If all goes well, as I fully expect, I’ll update my primary Deus 2 and that of my hunting buddy's.
My advice to those similarly reluctant souls would be to follow the exact procedure on the XP update screen and you should be fine….no shortcuts or deviation. 😊 

Does your clock keep the right time? Mine doesn't on 0.71 I know it doesn't seem important but I'm a carer and being able to look at the screen is a lot quicker than having to stop and pull my sleeve up.

I've updated the software version to 0.71 on my deus, since doing this the clock loses or gains time, I know this sounds trivial but I'm a carer and my time is important, if I set the click after I turn it on it still loses time, also its a bit more prone to EMI interference than it was on previous software versions, if I could go back to the original software when I bought it in January I would it was a lot deeper on that version and kept the right time, is anyone else having the same issue?

12 hours ago, Mikenowellsmith said:

Does your clock keep the right time? Mine doesn't on 0.71 I know it doesn't seem important but I'm a carer and being able to look at the screen is a lot quicker than having to stop and pull my sleeve up.

Yes, mine keeps perfect time but I never use it.  I rely on my smart watch which is much easier to see and gives me a lot of useful information.

• Like 3

Same here, no issue with the clock in my version of 0.71. I usually ignore it too, but I've checked it the last few times out and it's still synced with my smart watch since the initial setup after receiving my D2 in April.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikenowellsmith said:

I've updated the software version to 0.71 on my deus, since doing this the clock loses or gains time, I know this sounds trivial but I'm a carer and my time is important, if I set the click after I turn it on it still loses time, also its a bit more prone to EMI interference than it was on previous software versions, if I could go back to the original software when I bought it in January I would it was a lot deeper on that version and kept the right time, is anyone else having the same issue?

I'm having the same issue with the remote not keeping time.

I reinstalled v0.71 in hope that would resolve it, but the issue persists.