My 0.71 Update Experience

On 8/10/2022 at 10:16 AM, Mikenowellsmith said:

Xp are taking their time bringing a new software version. 

That's probably a good thing. They should take their time and not pop out updates every few weeks that can cause new problems. As they get closer to the 1.0 version, I would hope they take as much time as they need to get it as perfect as possible, but V0.71 is working pretty well for me, so I'm in no hurry.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 7:16 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's probably a good thing. They should take their time and not pop out updates every few weeks that can cause new problems. As they get closer to the 1.0 version, I would hope they take as much time as they need to get it as perfect as possible, but V0.71 is working pretty well for me, so I'm in no hurry.

100% agree with you.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've kept mine on .6 until tonight. Finally updated the remote to .71 and was going to do the headphones but I apparently didn't get the data cable for it in my Deus box.  None that I had in house would transfer the update...so I have a new cable ordered now.    

6 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I've kept mine on .6 until tonight. Finally updated the remote to .71 and was going to do the headphones but I apparently didn't get the data cable for it in my Deus box.  None that I had in house would transfer the update...so I have a new cable ordered now.    

Make sure the USB port you are plugging into has any other color plastic inside than white. White USB ports indicate 1.0 and 1.1 USB speed which is too slow to use with the update program. It needs USB 2.0 or higher for sufficient speed to be a successful transfer. 

Good deal.  I have a Dell G5 gaming laptop that says it has three 2.0 SS USB ports on it. The D2 remote updated without a hitch but I didn't have the other data cable in my Deus box.  They must have left it out with the red and black seal/plugs because I didn't get either of those either.  Must have been a Friday packing job for their QA haha.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am the odd IT guy who has no Windows devices, only Linux laptops, but the Deus 2 update software ran fine for me when I ran it under the Wine compatibility layer.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, ColonelDan said:

I admit to being somewhat  reserved about jumping right in to the latest update, but this morning, I decided to try it on my secondary Deus 2 that I’ve christened the “Test Dummy.”
After following the exact sequence as shown on the XP update screen for a flawless installation, I added all custom programs back in and ran it through my test garden.  Everything worked as designed…..smooth with no glitches!    
The final “real world” test will be Sunday evening at Cocoa Beach…dry, damp and wet sand and surf.  If all goes well, as I fully expect, I’ll update my primary Deus 2 and that of my hunting buddy's.
My advice to those similarly reluctant souls would be to follow the exact procedure on the XP update screen and you should be fine….no shortcuts or deviation. 😊 

The only glitch I have noticed on the 0.71 software is the clock is all over the place, even if I set it before I go out its either gained or lost a couple of hours, I know why now it's a time machine!! Lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikenowellsmith said:

The only glitch I have noticed on the 0.71 software is the clock is all over the place, even if I set it before I go out its either gained or lost a couple of hours, I know why now it's a time machine!! Lol

My clock seems to keep perfect time. 0.71 update. Just checked it and all is good. Guess I’m just lucky.

• Like 3