12” Coil Cover

Dimitar now has the 12” coil cover for sale.  I know several people had asked for it.  Here is mine.  I tried to show it so you could see the thickness….. it appears to be about twice the thickness of the standard coil cover.  Fits very well.  Yes to those who want to ask if it’s heavier.  Obviously twice the thickness will equal a bit more weight …BUT adds tons of protection. Price I believe is $15 or $20.

C704FED5-0BE0-4695-A533-73D7D8C08524.jpeg

• Like 3

dewcon 4414

Looking over my Beast coil and the new coil cover you show should gave my coil protection for a long time.

Not too long ago I got the stock coil with a cover and it be great if it was as thick as what you show .

I haven’t had the opportunity to get out with the stock coil and way the heat is running it may be a while. The day they show it will be 102 with the rest of the week all above 95 .

Thanks for the show and tell.

Chuck 

Dancer  

Yes it’s time to go wading but a little hard to keep cool if the water is not bumping your chin .

At 81 this week being young and tender I’m going from tree to tree 🌳. Digging in the ground is like driving a nail into hand wood . If you ever done that before then you can relate.

What they say something like age is just a number. My mine says I’m 16 but my body says I’m full of Bull .

You have a great day Dancer!

Chuck 

I wore one of the standards out from scrubbing the sand the way I do.  Got another, and did what I always do….. added a coat of loctite marine epoxy to the edges and bottom.   I can watch wear that away and do touch up.  I used to put in crazy hours out there and would go thru a cover every 6 months or less …. 3 Nox ones.  Not hunting as much has helped too.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, dewcon4414 said:

I wore one of the standards out from scrubbing the sand the way I do.  Got another, and did what I always do….. added a coat of loctite marine epoxy to the edges and bottom.   I can watch wear that away and do touch up.  I used to put in crazy hours out there and would go thru a cover every 6 months or less …. 3 Nox ones.  Not hunting as much has helped too.

That is pretty hard scrubbing to wear out coil covers like that, and a pretty hard work ethic in action too. Is the coil cover even necessary when you use the marine epoxy?The epoxy seems an elegant solution by itself, endlessly renewable and not so expensive.

It's hard sometimes to get the jest of how many different terrains that are encountered out there.    Myself , in my area (mud hunting) mild soil, mowed, in season easy digging.   When wading , soft sand.      Mostly.      Others have to hunt hot ,rocky, uneven ground, emi you name it.    So there causes the need for coil covers.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:16 AM, Geezer said:

That is pretty hard scrubbing to wear out coil covers like that, and a pretty hard work ethic in action too. Is the coil cover even necessary when you use the marine epoxy?The epoxy seems an elegant solution by itself, endlessly renewable and not so expensive.

No you really don’t need the cover like Dimitar said, it’s some pretty good epoxy.  But it seemed some wanted it so he did it.  That loctite marine epoxy is tuff as nails and it gives you visible wear point … ya just dab more on.  Spreads like peanut so easy to work with.   I can scrub the heck out of a coil…. But obviously the fewer hours the less wear.  I do like the cover…. Not as fragile as the standard which fits very tight so you have to be careful trying to remove it.  Thus far I’ve not noticed a lot of sand getting in causing falsing.   It of course adds nose weight.   For the price under $20 thou for what you get it’s a real great deal…. solid piece of work.