Greetings Everyone!

Flavius Titus

Good morning to all the forum.

I'm writing from Italy, precisely from the small Republic of San Marino, and I've been into metal for many years now, if it wasn't for the money I'd always be out in the mountains hunting for old irons from the past 😅!

I've always wanted to be part of this forum because I've always found it quite reliable and serious, and above all there are people from all over the world, which makes it really perfect to discuss technical issues.

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum and don't be shy about posting some stories with pictures.

You are from a beautiful country so share some of it's beauty with us.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Welcome to the forum and don't be shy about posting some stories with pictures.

You are from a beautiful country so share some of it's beauty with us.

Good luck and good hunting.

I have tons of photos, as soon as I can I'll post some I promise!

cuccone.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Flavius. Welcome to the forum.

Is that a picture of the area you're living in? Wow, beautiful. What detectors do you use and what are your most common finds?

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locator said:

Hello Flavius. Welcome to the forum.

Is that a picture of the area you're living in? Wow, beautiful. What detectors do you use and what are your most common finds?

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

Hi! I own 4 MDs, E-Trac, Deus I, Detech Desert Gold 3 (I also had the previous model), Relic Striker, Nokta Makro Legend the latest.
In the past it was full minelab with the various versions of the Sovereign.

Yes the area you see is the central Apennines, I live in a small autonomous enclave, a small republic, separated from the rest of Italy, near the beautiful Urbino, but here I conduct my research mainly in the mountains between Emilia, Tuscany, Marche and sometimes I climb up to the trenches of the First World War, in Veneto where you can search directly into the trenches of the Great War, of course with limitations to follow.

Answering your second question is hard, the laws in Italy and San Marino are very strict (other than UK, unfortunately), and everything of historical importance must be returned (free of charge) to the State, then that often they let you keep things is another matter, however using metal in Italy, Greece, Spain, France and other Mediterranean countries is a real pain, but you do it for passion so you accept compromises and respect the laws.

Anyway you can find a bit of everything, I am very focused on WW2 and WW1 finds. In the past, on the other hand, treasure hunters were much freer, and only God knows what they find, there was a freer coexistence with the authorities. Today, in the places where they went hunting in the past there is a total ban, but if you ever pass here in Italy, going towards Rome, in the mountains that surround it there are many beautiful and remote villages, in bars and restaurant you can often see on the wall the old slides of the 70's, 80's and 90's, with groups of detectorists showing their "conquests", often you can see things that only in museums a normal person can admire, beauties more unique than rare.
Unfortunately, it is precisely because of this sort of 'gold rush' that nowadays anything you find that is even a little over a hundred years old, you have to hand over to the authorities.

That's why I do military stuff, less truble, more fun and less external pressure, in the end it's a hobby not a punishment, if anything that's the wife!😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Make the most of whatever you have . Very good.

Sounds like you still have plenty of things you can find and collect.

There must be a lot of military items lost in the dirt there !

It will be cool to see what things you might post pictures of . 

• Like 1

Welcome FT,

Glad you finally joined in! Already read a few of your posts/questions on the legend!👌 I know of at least three of your countrymen that are members here! They also should have some like experiences to share, I'm sure!

Sometime down the road, I would like to hear about your laws/restrictions on detecting their! I've heard it can be pretty harsh!

Good luck out there!🍀👍👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Benvenuto FT,

Sono contento che finalmente ti sei unito! Già letto alcuni dei tuoi post/domande sulla leggenda! 👌 Conosco almeno tre dei tuoi connazionali che sono membri qui! Dovrebbero anche avere delle esperienze simili da condividere, ne sono sicuro!

A un certo punto, vorrei conoscere le tue leggi/restrizioni sul rilevamento delle loro! Ho sentito che può essere piuttosto duro!

Buona fortuna là fuori! 🍀 👍 👍

Absolutely, if you make a mistake you'll end up in front of a judge, and the penalties may not be very severe, but in terms of money it can easily cost you a fine of 2-5 k€, so you have to be very careful.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1