Nm The Legend On Mineralised Ground

Good morning everyone, I finally get to participate in this discussion that I've been following since the beginning.
I'm squeezing the Legend, I'm really taking it to the limit (as far as possible) and I wanted to point out a few things.
First of all, I have noticed that the machine is having difficulties on medium mineralized soils, or rather, I have noticed that if the iron sound is low and a minimum threshold sound is not used, on "hostile" soils it tends not to give a clear signal in depth or even to discriminate it completely, then if you work with discrimination on G, it literally discards the bottom sounds, already at 20 cm, it does not sound at all.
So I've been working on the settings (still updated to 1.07) and wanted to discuss with you what you think of this setting for compact, mineralised terrain:

Mode: Field
Discrimination: All Metal
Sensitivity: Obviously as high as possible
Threshold: around 12, threshold tone at 5
Iron sound: at 8, tone at 5
Reactivity: 2
Frequency: Multi 1

What I am looking for are low conductivity targets, on compact soils, at average depths of 25-40 cm (9 - 15 inc.)

I admit I'm looking forward to the ability to change the audio gain for deep signals, I know it will be in the next update.
Small note, I noticed that often the Goldfield mode goes deeper than the Field mode and certainly than the Park, strange because in theory it only works with very high frequencies even in Multi.

Obviously guys give me an honest opinion and feel free to give me some tips, at the end of the day it's a new machine, and although I've been practicing for many years it's still a complete new for me.

• Like 2

Mineralized ground is challenging for sure & it varies so much even on a local level,

Your settings look pretty good to me. I have found a precise Ground Balance is important. The Ground Tracking seems to work well also.  Perhaps a lower Sensitivity level & a slightly faster Recovery speed might help if you are getting ground feedback.

The upcoming addition of a Mineralization meter will be helpful as will the adjustable Iron Bias & deep target audio boost.

Overall it is doing well for me in high iron based mineralized ground. I have the Tarsacci MDT for the really deep stuff. Keep experimenting & posting your observations so we can all learn together.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JCR said:

Il terreno mineralizzato è sicuramente impegnativo e varia così tanto anche a livello locale,

Le tue impostazioni mi sembrano abbastanza buone. Ho scoperto che un preciso bilanciamento del terreno è importante. Anche il Ground Tracking sembra funzionare bene. Forse un livello di sensibilità più basso e una velocità di recupero leggermente più veloce potrebbero aiutare se stai ricevendo un feedback al suolo.

L'imminente aggiunta di un misuratore di mineralizzazione sarà utile, così come lo Iron Bias regolabile e l'aumento dell'audio del target profondo.

Nel complesso sta andando bene per me in terreni mineralizzati ad alto contenuto di ferro. Ho il Tarsacci MDT per le cose davvero profonde. Continua a sperimentare e a pubblicare le tue osservazioni in modo che possiamo imparare tutti insieme.

First of all let me tell you that you are the first Texan with whom I have ever exchanged opinions, beautiful land, yours, one day I will come to the USA and I absolutely want to see Texas, I was born with the old westerns of Sergio Leone so you will understand how fascinated I am ...

I admit that before this tool I worked with other machines, and it will be for the still limited customization of the Legend, but I see that there are still improvements to be made, all of them seem to be in the next update (1.08? ) so maybe it will fill the gap that is noticeable on difficult terrain such as the Italian Apennines, full of iron, hematite and super conductive limestone marl, plus let's add that people have been passing through here for a good 3000 years, so the ferrous waste is practically everywhere, from the pegs of the Roman caligae to the buckshot of the first wars between the German Empire and the Papal States. And above all, it's all under several centimetres of earth, since these mountains tend to slide constantly from the summit to the valley (due to deforestation there are considerable landslides all along the mountain line).

Honestly though, I'll take your tip into consideration, see if I can get a few more answers in my tests and try to report them here.

I've often read about the Tarsacci here in the forum (in Europe I don't think I've ever seen or heard of it), but exactly what strengths does it have?

• Like 3

Yes, I am looking forward to the future updates as well. Reducing the Iron Bias may help target response in the mineralized ground. Use what you know from your past experience.

The Tarsacci MDT uses an unconventional operating system. A sort of hybrid VLF induction balance & Pulse induction type Time Domain processing. It is excellent on separating Ferrous & Non Ferrous at depth in mineralized soil or conductive environments. It is very adjustable to suit varied hunting conditions. The drawback is the tones & TID are relatively basic compared to other top of the line VLFs. It is a specialty machine. Very effective in it's environment & fun to use. Excellent build quality.

I live in eastern Texas. Red iron ore dirt. Very lush & wooded compared to the scenes in a Clint Eastwood "Spaghetti Western". I love those movies also.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip on Tersacci, absolutely never heard of it before.

Absolutely, the Iron Bias needs to become adjustable, for me he is the "guilty" especially in a mineralised environment, he misses too many deep signals.

Anyway, this machine reminds a lot the Xp of the early days 😅, with the Deus I, an update almost every 2 months, but just so, nothing is born perfect, then for what I paid for it, it's all right.

Great Clint 💪, I learned English by watching his films when I was a kid, unfortunately actors like that aren't born anymore.

• Like 3