My New GPX 6000 Is Faulty, Straight Out Of The Box

I went out and made a quick little video to demonstrate what my machine does in less than ideal circumastances. I wasn’t far from town and the road noise wasn’t great either and I hope you can hear everything. Also attached is a piece of the gold that I used for the demo. I believe because your machine is faulty @phrunt you won’t be getting the desired result.

I ran mine in Difficult, manual sensitivity turned all the way up and volume on full.

33FFDD2F-0258-48E5-869D-F35F8F078F6D.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks heaps for that Sheppo, now I've got something to go off, I'll find a 0.05 in my collection that looks similar to yours and give it a try and see how it goes, interesting you were in difficult as I've been getting far worse responses in normal.  The response you were getting is what I was expecting from the GPX and more in line with the GPZ.

Thanks Lee, they've acknowledged the problem exists at least, and I guess that means it won't be fixed.

I've had some very helpful feedback by private message too so thanks for that.

I followed some advice and got well away from EMI, while I still think the GPZ is better the GPX improved somewhat, I'm much happier with it's performance with headphones too, I hate headphones but in this case they do make a stability improvement over using the speaker.

I think I'm going to have to get that Taurus speaker Norvic uses as a headphone alternative.

I've kept every video in this thread as unlisted on Youtube so only people reading this thread can see them, my reason for this is I'm just learning the detector and it obviously has a fault so if the faults affecting performance then it's not fair to make it look bad without people reading what is going on.

So, as it stands now I'm OK with the detector but it's not going to be my primary detector, other than the fault turning on that it needs replaced for away from EMI it's performance has improved a bit, it's giving a better response than it was closer to the power lines.  I went quite a distance away from the powerlines and a couple of miles from the nearest house and things got a bit better.

Once I compare with a 0.05 of a gram bit that looks like Sheppo's I'll have a better idea, it's dark outside now though and I'm off to go look for gold with it tomorrow so that will be telling, hopefully it turns on when I get there but i'll of course have a backup detector with me.

Jason, the reason the response was better sometimes than others as during the swings I was going to all different heights, it's hard to tell that on video, I get the maximum depth I was getting on either detector on that nugget was about 8", and I'm guessing that by visualizing the 8" coil on it's side, that felt about the air test depth I was getting.  I understand in ground some people say depth can be more, or I think less but either way this isn't about a depth competition, it's more working out if I've got a problem beyond powering up issues.

• Like 2

Difficult is what I usually use for my general detecting as for my using it. The .05g piece was the smallest piece I could find in a hurry 🙂

• Like 1

I appreciate you going to all that trouble for me, it's very helpful, I'll be able to track down a 0.05 easy enough, I've probably got 50 of them laying around.  Thanks again for doing that video.

Also thanks Jeff, I really appreciate your feedback and advice, I'll get this sorted out one way or another, I think possibly the performance might be OK when away from EMI, I'll know with more time behind the wheel. 

• Like 4

Haha, laughed my head off Sheppo..... typical Queenslander, barefoot prospector lol....betcha only wore a pair of stubbies and bare chest when ya was video'ing that lol. Ya got lots of odd glances from passing traffic 😉  Thanks heaps for posting that video, gives us poor worrying near-future 6000 owners something to aim for, signal-wise....Cheers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Haha, laughed my head off Sheppo..... typical Queenslander, barefoot prospector lol....betcha only wore a pair of stubbies and bare chest when ya was video'ing that lol. Ya got lots of odd glances from passing traffic 😉  Thanks heaps for posting that video, gives us poor worrying near-future 6000 owners something to aim for, signal-wise....Cheers 

No stubbies here mate 😂 Shirt on aswell, it’s just starting to cool off, plus, I’m sure no one wants to see my man boobs anyway.

That was only meant as a quick demo for Simon. I’ll be doing some videoing of undug targets on my next outing, whenever that may be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

No stubbies here mate 😂 Shirt on aswell, it’s just starting to cool off, plus, I’m sure no one wants to see my man boobs anyway.

That was only meant as a quick demo for Simon. I’ll be doing some videoing of undug targets on my next outing, whenever that may be.

Weather report for Clermont says 27 degrees C, cooling off eh? We were all shivering here with 1 degree overnight and 14 degrees C for the day in Central Vic. This ex desert boy thinks he'll swap you any day lol

• Like 1

Aye I spent a wee bit of time down your way Au you can have it QLDs where life`s for livings at, what ya reckon Sheppo, tis only a local call to JP whoops JC up here.

Been tempted to post more on this thread Phrunt but decided tis more constructive to wait until you`ve had the 6K a month or so or got rid of it. All is revealed in time.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Weather report for Clermont says 27 degrees C, cooling off eh? We were all shivering here with 1 degree overnight and 14 degrees C for the day in Central Vic. This ex desert boy thinks he'll swap you any day lol

I’m about 2 hours drive from Clermont but climate is the same. Anything less than 30 deg C is cold 😂

5 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Aye I spent a wee bit of time down your way Au you can have it QLDs where life`s for livings at, what ya reckon Sheppo, tis only a local call to JP whoops JC up here.

Queensland’s weather in winter is absolute perfection, apart from when it decides to rain. If it was like that all year round it’d be great.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I appreciate you going to all that trouble for me, it's very helpful, I'll be able to track down a 0.05 easy enough, I've probably got 50 of them laying around.  Thanks again for doing that video.

It was absolutely no trouble at all.

• The topic was locked