My New GPX 6000 Is Faulty, Straight Out Of The Box

6 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Nugget size is relative to where you live 😂

Of course it is.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:24 AM, phrunt said:

I've no concerns about Minelab's warranty, I've virtually had to claim warranty on every product I've ever bought from them....  (emphasis mine)

And we wonder why their stock price is dropping.  😲  Nice example of "damning with faint praise."  (Not a negative criticism of you, BTW.)  This thread is currently five days old, 12 pages long, but I'm just getting around to reading it.  As a non-6k owner I can sit back with a bowl of popcorn plus a glass of vino and (try to) see the big picture.  It sure appears to be a mixed bag....

• Like 1

I'm just frustrated GB, and I'm frustrated some try and make out like these problems are not a problem.  To someone who's paid the hyper inflated price for a GPX 6000 it is a big problem when they get a range of faults with it.  It's not cheap, I've had $100 detectors that are flawless, why is it I get one of the most expensive ever made and it's riddled with problems, not just mine, hearing of the many others with problems too, it's a real mixed bag.  Fortunately my dealers on my side 100%, none of it is his fault.

I'm still waiting on Minelab to come back with what they want to do, my dealers contacted them, it's just a waiting game for their decision.   Minelab need to understand NZ has a consumer guarantees act much like Australia does, if it all doesn't go down how I want it I can just give it back to my dealer and get my money back so their decision means absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

The fixing is one thing, and they may fix it but that is only half the problem. What about the loss of confidence of the unit as well as the wasted detecting time. My old ML detector got fixed and I could not fault their service. Being about 3000 Km from home on the gold fields without my gold tool for over a week is not nice. But at least I had the wife's detector to use and got more gold than she did that week 😉. The main thing to note, is bad quality control will cause more damage than it cost to up the standard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm just frustrated GB, and I'm frustrated some try and make out like these problems are not a problem.  To someone who's paid the hyper inflated price for a GPX 6000 it is a big problem when they get a range of faults with it.  It's not cheap, I've had $100 detectors that are flawless, why is it I get one of the most expensive ever made and it's riddled with problems, not just mine, hearing of the many others with problems too, it's a real mixed bag.  Fortunately my dealers on my side 100%, none of it is his fault.

I'm still waiting on Minelab to come back with what they want to do, my dealers contacted them, it's just a waiting game for their decision.   Minelab need to understand NZ has a consumer guarantees act much like Australia does, if it all doesn't go down how I want it I can just give it back to my dealer and get my money back so their decision means absolutely nothing.

You’ve got me confused now…. I thought you got all your problems sorted out?

I'm not sure if my problems are sorted, how could I know?, I had a theory based upon someone else having bad pin connections on theirs, that could possibly be the similar problem to mine, or it could be solder joints, or any number of things.  That's why it's best it gets checked rather than just assuming.   So many people have contacted me now with their problems privately that the issues pretty widespread.

I also have faulty headphones, they're not resolved yet, still waiting on Minelab to let my dealer know what to do with me, the problem customer 🙂

• Like 2

Not doubting anybodys issues with faulty Minelab products and I feel your pain. So far all 5 of my Minelab tectors have had no issues from the factory, personal dislikes about this or that...yes.  Just saying

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

And we wonder why their stock price is dropping.  😲  Nice example of "damning with faint praise."  (Not a negative criticism of you, BTW.)  This thread is currently five days old, 12 pages long, but I'm just getting around to reading it.  As a non-6k owner I can sit back with a bowl of popcorn plus a glass of vino and (try to) see the big picture.  It sure appears to be a mixed bag....

Oh God... Popcorn and wine? They don't mix!

• Haha 1

I'm confused what you are waiting for, why not just send it days ago to whatever your service center is? Or is that just how it works in the US and not overseas?

I sent a GPZ in with video back in 2017, they were unable to replicate the problem but saw my videos showing the issue, and they gave me a brand new GPZ. Took about 8 or 9 days total, I 2nd day aired it to them on the East Coast because I was in a hurry and in the field (I was living off my detecting at the time). Might have a new 6000 back in a few days from today if you had sent it in when you started this thread depending how fast mail goes over there...

Are you asking for something very specific and waiting for a response or something? Or in NZ do they just not allow you to send to get serviced until you get a response from corporate?

• Like 1