A Dandy And Spectacle-ur Hunt

Some nice finds there. Definitely in an old area. Very interesting lead as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Some nice finds there. Definitely in an old area. Very interesting lead as well.

Thanks. 🙂 This is part of a 1,000 acre 1700s farm that may have War of 1812 relics, just have to get to them a mile away through dense forest. 😀 Talked to the owner again today. The road to the dock is totally overgrown. 😵 Big adventure eventually...

• Like 7

Great area, bet there is more there. Silver plated button might have more silver on it still. Sometimes tossing it in a tumbler will take the crud off the top and reveal more silver plating.

• Like 3

Nice hunt again, and I am sure that you will find the other half of that coin someday.

I like the seat that you showed, I might have to get one.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I like the seat that you showed, I might have to get one.

Should have included the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Boreeman-Upgraded-Lightweight-Collapsible-Retractable/dp/B083945P76

They've upgraded it to 400 pound capacity.

I tried to keep it using the strap as a shoulder strap, but it's much better around the waist and moved to your back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This little field is like another nearby, if you get a good signal it's a good find. I was glad to get one Spanish silver coin here. There isn't much trash when you get away from the road.

• Like 2

Awesome relics!

• Thanks 1

Nice hunt. You guys get some fancy buttons. Can you get to the dock via the water? The chair they are durable as I have one in my work truck for several years now. But seeing how you already broke your stand I don’t know 😁

strick 

• Haha 1

If I had a jet boat or kayak, yeah, the river that leads to it is only a few hundred feet from my house. Shallow draft only up that way now. It's more of a marsh than it was in the early years. Steamboats used to go up there a long time ago.

It would be less work to trek the woods, I have a machete if need be. 😁 That road is almost 400 years old!

• Like 1