A Dandy And Spectacle-ur Hunt

Sounds like the high potential would be well worth the effort to open up a RTV/Jeep track to the river landing. No telling what else is just off the road on the way there. A good pair of loppers is better than a machete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Fascinating area you live in and fantastic finds again, well done! 

It is a place rife with history that's for sure. 🙂 I may embellish a bit, but many famous and historical things happened here - except the Civil War, and it wasn't a big deal in the Revolution. It is and always has been a big east coast farming area, perhaps that it why it was spared for the most part. The 1812 invasion didn't last long either, they came and took supplies, burned some of the place and left 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Sounds like the high potential would be well worth the effort to open up a RTV/Jeep track to the river landing. No telling what else is just off the road on the way there. A good pair of loppers is better than a machete.

Indeed, and I do have a great pair of loppers. 😁 It isn't so much brush but trees. Thing is the "road" becomes more of a trench that a Jeep would struggle with.

• Like 1

Further weight upgrade, square top verson! Same price! Thanks for the "heads up" Bob! You find the best stuff! Blue $27.99! Red a dollar more!👍👍

20220506_165228.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Joe D. said:

Further weight upgrade, square top verson! Same price!👍👍

Yep, that strap around the top can be a shoulder strap or belt. I would prefer a Bianchi clip strap, but it's pretty easy to deal with. 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Further weight upgrade, square top verson! Same price! Thanks for the "heads up" Bob! You find the best stuff! Blue $27.99! Red a dollar more!👍👍

Here's the Amazon link to that one.  Now if person's too heavy for the 400 lb version I doubt his/her butt is going to fit on either of these, anyway....  🥴

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1