With All The Hubbub About Ferro Check It Says You Should Use It To Compare With The Non-ferrous Side.......

I did then I pulled out the SE and ran the screen in digital which shows you the ferrous and conductivity of the target. Many variations on the id's. So I may venture to say I don't find it a gimmick it's just not as advanced as my ML SE.

• Like 4

It is kind of funny that you never hear all this discussion about the Horseshoe or XY screen on XPs.

• Like 1

The original Deus horseshoe and XY graphs and the ORX iron probability bar were not as accurate as the those on Deus 2 or FerroCheck on the Legend. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I did then I pulled out the SE and ran the screen in digital which shows you the ferrous and conductivity of the target. Many variations on the id's. So I may venture to say I don't find it a gimmick it's just not as advanced as my ML SE.

I use the E.Trac and the Explorer 11 .

I haven't come across any other machine other than the CTX that can do accurately what they can do.

I am thinking about the Legend but i won't get it till i am satisfied that the machine can do what it should do. 

Still keeping my FBS though. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am approaching 100 hours on The Legend now, 90% of that in the field. I continue to be impressed with the accuracy of the Ferro Check feature in conjunction with the audio. If I have only 1 or 2 bars on  wide sweeps along with a soft good tone it is worth digging, especially in bad ground. I have yet to find a weak target that gives more than 2 bars of Ferrous. Anything more is louder & no question Iron from the broken/low tone audio. It is a much more useful feature than I anticipated it would be because it does have some depth/sensitivity to it.

• Like 3