6000 Vs 7000: Hot Rocks And Small Gold

Yeah, if I would not have already owned the 7000 I would have just bought the 6k. But on the other hand having both makes quite a powerful ML package and I like what additional options the 7000 brings. However, one could certainly ask the question whether the steep price tag for owning both would really be worth it for US prospectors.

GC

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Plus you need the 2300 for pinpointing those deep holes.....lol

For sure, works better than the Pro-Find 35....😁

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Plus you need the 2300 for pinpointing those deep holes.....lol

and the Gold Monster for the tiny stuff, Minelab have got it all worked out 🙂

I may as well have walked into my dealer and said, I'll have one of everything thanks.

It's funny, and sad at the same time Minelab are competing with themselves with their detectors.

• Like 5

Like many folks, I like to carry 2 detectors in case one has trouble I can continue on, I am going to take the 6000 and 7000 with me from no on and retire my 5000, but I will never sell it. Since I retired I had more time to get to know the 5, finally really felt comfortable understanding all of the timings just in time for the 6000 to come out, dang, all that learning for almost nothing. Gold Catcher, thanks for posting this video.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

It's funny, and sad at the same time Minelab are competing with themselves with their detectors.

I think redundancy is always a problem for every manufacturer's product line. IMHO, all ML detectors are somewhat different with respect to their technology and scope, and I personally don't see that severe redundancy. At least not to the extend that one machine completely would make the other one obsolete. That being said, that's just my view and I can see how others might think differently. The question to me is just how one would prioritize them, and that would depend largely on your individual circumstances and the grounds your are hunting and the detector requirements you are having (and budget of course). I would certainly say that the 6000 has the broadest scope of the entire fleet and is the most pleasurable to use. So, if I had to buy just one it would be for sure the 6k. 

GC

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MSC said:

Like many folks, I like to carry 2 detectors in case one has trouble I can continue on, I am going to take the 6000 and 7000 with me from no on and retire my 5000, but I will never sell it. Since I retired I had more time to get to know the 5, finally really felt comfortable understanding all of the timings just in time for the 6000 to come out, dang, all that learning for almost nothing. Gold Catcher, thanks for posting this video.  

I'm sure you'll find places where the 5000 is better than the 6000 and 7000.  I'm never going to sell any of my gold detectors I like them all, the only one to ever go was the QED and that was more personal than anything.   I have a 4500 and 5000 and even then I'm seeing reasons to keep the 4500.  Although more ratty I find it more hot on the smaller stuff in sensitive extra with tests, not actual gold finds as I've never even taken my 5000 out for a gold hunt although an area with crazy hot rocks is the reason I bought it in the first place, I just haven't been back there yet.

• Like 3

The woman in the video is a pleasure to listen to, she has a real good personality for U-tube videos. She congers up a little bit of a smile in the way she talks and acts. Not a fake act. 

• Like 3