6000 Vs 7000: Hot Rocks And Small Gold

It should only kick in once the Bluetooth connects if its the same high pitched hiss I get, prior to connection there is no noise at all.  I should try them on the cable and see if they do it with cable, that'd be a good test.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jasong said:

My hearing is somehow still great despite a lifetime of playing loud punk rock drums, shooting and using saws and other tools with no ear protection

My hearing appears to be none the worse for 6 years of being a No.2 on an M60, bomb monkey on an 82mm mortar and other assorted loud Govt toys....plus detecting for 40 years with headphones every single time....I must have stainless steel ear drums.... :dry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I should try them on the cable and see if they do it with cable, that'd be a good test.

I have yet to try that also Simon....we should compare notes lol. Ive wanted to trial my 35 year old Hanimex dynamic headphones on the 6000 but Ive lost my 6mm-3.5mm adapter somewhere.... :sad:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WesD said:

Its a bluetooth thing because the background sound is not there if you go wired. Its noticeably cleaner audio then.

Thanks, yes I just did that this morning, I put my 6000 on charge overnight so I couldn't test when I brought it up, you're right, it's only hissing when connected on Bluetooth, weird.

• Like 1

To get back onto the topic of "Hot Rocks", if you suspect it to be a "Hot Rock" ground balance over the rock and if its response is removed then re-ground balance to the surrounding ground and move on. If the rock’s response continues, then it requires further investigation as it could contain gold.

Recently I gave my friend a run with my GPX 6000 who called me over as he had a nice response. Digging down a few inches out came a red coloured rock, and he was curious by its response that gold may be encased within it. I grabbed the rock in hand and raised it up and down above the coil and its response was ground balanced out. I mentioned if gold was present inside then the rock's response would have continued. 

Therefore instead of dismissing it as just a "Hot Rock" it can be worthwhile to check.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goldenoldie said:

To get back onto the topic of "Hot Rocks"

Thanks, Goldenoldie. I was about to change the title of the thread..... Yes, it's always good to check those hot rocks and not just automatically dismiss them. Some of them (but far to few) will give you the golden smile.

GC

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

the GPX 11” mono is “hotter” than the GPZ 14 Super D coil. So the 6K hits smaller gold harder, and hits the same hot rocks the 7000 will hit, but also a little harder than the 7000

What if the comparison was between the GPX 17” and the GPZ 14” on the same hot rocks? Do you think there would be any significant difference in the comparison?

Like jasong my hearing is still very good despite loud music, welding, grinding, tree cutting, age, ect, and I am very thank full for that, helps my detecting ability for sure. Don't always like using headphones so depend on external speakers much of the time and have confidence in what I hear.   

9 hours ago, Skookum said:

What if the comparison was between the GPX 17” and the GPZ 14” on the same hot rocks? Do you think there would be any significant difference in the comparison?

Not that I’ve seen, but I suppose it just depends on the rocks.

• Thanks 2