6000 Vs 7000: Hot Rocks And Small Gold

4 minutes ago, MSC said:

The woman in the video is a pleasure to listen to, she has a real good personality for U-tube videos. She congers up a little bit of a smile in the way she talks and acts. Not a fake act. 

All of her videos are the real deal and are superbly made. She is also totally fun to watch.

GC

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I think redundancy is always a problem for every manufacturer's product line. IMHO, all ML detectors are somewhat different with respect to their technology and scope, and I personally don't see that severe redundancy. At least not to the extend that one machine completely would make the other one obsolete.

I think that's also well engineered.

Imagine the chances of finding a watch in the middle of nowhere like that, the odds were incredibly low, she was so lucky 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think that's also well engineered.

I think if it weren't the business team would have long been fired... 😉

• Haha 1

Hey Guys/Gals,

I agree, great video and to sum it up, both detectors are great.  I'm one of guys that has originally owned the GPZ 7000 since it was released here in the US and same with the GPX 6000.  I don't need both, but its super hard to put the old GPZ 7000 down, as she has been more than good to me over the years.  

The small NF Z Searchcoil, 12" round has allowed me to find much smaller gold, down to just a grain in size on the GPZ 7000.  However, it was a $1100 investment to go from finding 3-5 grainers with no problem on the 14x13 DD, but the lighter coil did make some justification in my purchase.  

I really like the GPX 6000, superlight, easy to use, but I hate the fact the shafts like to twist and turn no matter how tight you get them.  I'm always concerned I'm going to tighten them too much and snap something.  

Wishing you all sweet signals under your searchcoils! :biggrin:

Rob

• Like 6

I think they've resolved that on the GPX now Rob, have you checked a newer one from your stock? I used mine quite roughly, its a 3 day old GPX and had no problems at all with shaft twisting, if it was going to twist on me with what I was doing in the long grass it would have twisted.   I didn't even think I did the shaft up particularly tight.

2018803328_gpx6000inlonggrass.thumb.jpg.0276050309cb28a33eed49bdc0d32cd9.jpg

I spent the day flattening out grass with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MSC said:

The woman in the video is a pleasure to listen to, she has a real good personality for U-tube videos. She congers up a little bit of a smile in the way she talks and acts. Not a fake act. 

I'm not sure what nationality she is, she's certainly not Australian, European of some sort.  Man those flies were bad, I don't miss that about Australia although you never need to take lunch along, you've got plenty of protein from all the flies you accidentally eat.   It was funny when one went up her nose, who knows what happened there, she didn't seem to get it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think they've resolved that on the GPX now Rob, have you checked a newer one from your stock? I used mine quite roughly, its a 3 day old GPX and had no problems at all with shaft twisting, if it was going to twist on me with what I was doing in the long grass it would have twisted.   I didn't even think I did the shaft up particularly tight.

2018803328_gpx6000inlonggrass.thumb.jpg.0276050309cb28a33eed49bdc0d32cd9.jpg

I spent the day flattening out grass with it.

I don’t think anything has changed in manufacturing. My guess is some people are more aggressive with coils than others, and that things that really bother some people, go unnoticed by others. Perhaps some tiny variation exists in the sourced parts. I never had an issue with this at all while prototype testing. Then they get out there, and it gets brought up as a major issue in some quarters. Since then, it is something I experienced myself, and is possibly worse now as my rod and cam has worn somewhat? Or am I just more alert to it now? Hard to say, but I do think I’ll drill a lock tab into place at my most common extension point.

I do know this. Having used a couple triangular type rods since, they do provide an extra measure of rod strength, but completely lose the ability to rotate and lay flat for storage. The coil has to be removed to fit in the typical detector carry bag. All in all the 6000 ability to suck up short and twist 90 degrees in seconds, is quite appreciated by this old prospector.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm not sure what nationality she is, she's certainly not Australian, European of some sort.  Man those flies were bad, I don't miss that about Australia although you never need to take lunch along, you've got plenty of protein from all the flies you accidentally eat.   It was funny when one went up her nose, who knows what happened there, she didn't seem to get it out.

She’s German, she’s mentioned it a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

thanks, that's the only video of hers I've ever watched 🙂

4 hours ago, Sheppo said:

Thanks, Sheppo, that's what I always thought. I do recognize my own accent.

GC

• Like 1