Nice finds UT Dave,

I've been detecting for nearly two years now in lots of old places but Barber coins still elude me. We have no parks here however. 😀 Great stuff, and congrats on the silver and gold! That 800 is killing it. 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice finds UT Dave,

I've been detecting for nearly two years now in lots of old places but Barber coins still elude me. We have no parks here however. 😀 Great stuff, and congrats on the silver and gold! That 800 is killing it. 👍

I'll trade you my Barbers for that half a half 😆.

- Dave

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

I'll trade you my Barbers for that half a half 😆.

- Dave

Spanish silver is pretty common in Virginia, and apparently in the West. 😀 I've only found Seated Liberty coins recently, and one Walker. Standing Liberty and Barber coins are still on my list, although a friend found a Standing Liberty at one of my permissions early on.

I'm still trying to figure out the progression from seated to standing to walking, no such reference exists. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UT Dave said:

I find those sterling CTR rings fairly regular. 

When I moved from Salt Lake to Florida four years ago, my CTR ring finds became non-existent. Before that, silver CTR rings were almost a given at school playgrounds. I only found one gold men's CTR ring, but it is in French. I found it on a hunt with my wife--a rare treat indeed--on a soccer field. Before getting out of the car, I said that we are going to find gold today. I gave her the G2 and I told her to dig all the aluminum signals she got. I was using the E-trac, and about 50 ft from where she was digging, I got a nice signal. Out popped my one and only gold CTR. As I recall, she did have a nice pile of pull tabs.😁

• Like 3

Perseverance paid off for you today.  Congrats on getting a sub-1900 coin! :biggrin:
Also, nice haul of silver rings and the gold too.  Not easy to find stuff of quality like that among the junk unless you do a lot of digging.  

I bet your next sub-1900 coin comes again soon.  You have over half the year left to hit your goal again! 

• Like 2

Congrats on the silver, the 800 can find it easily no matter where you are at.

I love the way it hits on the silver when I get a chance to hunt, and I like the way it has brought me a couple of trimes. They were deep but hit them hard, and I had to look closely just to see them in the dirt I had dug.

Keep up the work and you will find more even older.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Btw, what’s a ctr ring?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_the_right

🙂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Bob!   I guess I could have googled that myself.  LOL.  I sometimes forget that I have access to nearly unlimited information right at my fingertips!   Back in the day I would have had to make a trip to the library to find that info and it might have taken an hour or two to find it IF that info was even at my library.  

• Haha 2