Programming The Deus 2 For Gold Rings….

Aaron

This is the Digging Dude explaining his  program for gold rings. Very interesting! I’m still in my learning phase w the D2 and will eventually post more videos on gold rings when I get more experience  and time on the D2…..

Aaron

• Like 1

9 hours ago, midalake said:

What is the base program for this custom program? 

Looks like he is using Sensitive FT (P3) as his base program based on the screenshot below:

SmartSelect_20220509-070058_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ec9e173e7d17a41f934b74288d215d9b.jpg

Kind of an important factoid to leave out after DD went to all the trouble to make the video.  Personally, not a fan of the upper notch.  Potentially leaving smaller silver jewelry in the ground.  Otherwise, glad Aaron posted the link.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Being that I have a limited amount of time on the new D2, I’m not at the point of offering too much advice other than up front impressions, ect. I have a few of my own opinions but waiting to gather more time, data & experience…

Aaron

• Thanks 1

Aaron, with the D2 and your notch patterns, you will be missing a lot of gold rings. This is just a sampling of some I have on hand. This doesn't take into account a 10 gram 18k I got with the D2 that rang in at 86-87.

Cliff

PXL_20220329_151213042 (2).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cliff, that’s great data👍 Appreciate that!
The only question I have is, since your using the Beach salt program, it may differ from the Digging Dudes base 3 program, not sure. 
Also, keep in mind unlike the dig it all mentality w have in water when it comes to mid low conductors, there’s just way too many to dig sometimes on land. You’ve got to choose your battles w what little time you have. I understand the Digging Dudes rationale…..😊

Aaron

18 minutes ago, cdv said:

Aaron, with the D2 and your notch patterns, you will be missing a lot of gold rings. This is just a sampling of some I have on hand. This doesn't take into account a 10 gram 18k I got with the D2 that rang in at 86-87.

Cliff

PXL_20220329_151213042 (2).jpg

Just to clarify, it’s not Aaron’s program it’s a a YT guy named Diggin Dude.  His notch only goes to 40 (7 to 40 w/disc at 7) so all the above targets would have been captured if they rang up the same on Sense FT with the above lower notch settings.  If you’re using Beach or Beach sense in saturated salt sand the TIDs above might be different in Sense FT on a non-salt beach.  Experimentation is key.

DD set Upper Notch from 84-93 which I agree would filter out chunky gold and also small silver.  I’m really not a fan of high TID notches of any sort for the above reasons.  Also wary of low notches too.  Just set your visual discriminator to filter out scooping TIDs less than 40 unless the FT audio is really good.

DD’s BC reject @ 4 is a bit aggressive, too, IMO. BC at 3 pretty much takes care of business and minimizes the risk of pushing smaller deep gold into ferrous audio.

FWIW

• Like 3

Yeah, so far I’m seeing BC is enough and in view of my latest video, question missing good stuff from masking.

BTW…..Ive never been a fan of notching though not opposed and open mined to using it…..

Aaron

• Like 1

Agreed although looking at my list, very few would have been notched out.... I prefer to be the notch for my machine(s) however, you can ask Dew, I notched out a penny spill he dug after me....yes, there was a beautiful 14k onyx ring with those pennies!   Nothing and no one is perfect I guess.

Cliff

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I’m really not a fan of high TID notches of any sort for the above reasons.  Also wary of low notches too.  Just set your visual discriminator to filter out scooping TIDs less than 40 unless the FT audio is really good.

Forget many gold chains if your lower limit is 40.................