Programming The Deus 2 For Gold Rings….

Aaron

53 minutes ago, cdv said:

Agreed although looking at my list, very few would have been notched out.... I prefer to be the notch for my machine(s) however, you can ask Dew, I notched out a penny spill he dug after me....yes, there was a beautiful 14k onyx ring with those pennies!   Nothing and no one is perfect I guess.

Cliff

53 minutes ago, midalake said:

Forget many gold chains if your lower limit is 40.................

Yep.  Like I said, I prefer my eyes and ears to do the notching, not the machine.  I like the Deus 2 BC filter implementation so far, but it’s not a notch, you can still hear the jacked up audio it produces and make the determination yourself whether to scoop it or not.  Bottom line, the Deus 2 gives you a lot of options to use as you see fit to suit your particular needs and style.  At this point, I applaud D2 and other modern detectors that give you the capabilities and options to allow you rather than the manufacturer to decide on what filter features and enhancements you want to utilize.

• Like 8

Agreed. And that’s one of the problems w the Tarsacci because your only allowed to set certain things and some none at all. If you watch my lake video I just posted, I found that Buffalo and 2 Wheats in spots I KNOW I went over w the Tarsacci, and as deep as those coins were I know they were there!

FYI……I posted a DEUS 2 vs Tarsacci in Bottle Cap Reject in the Comparisons Forum…

Aaron

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

Just so you all understand I'm experimenting with this program with gold rings in mind, I totally understand that having certain low/high VDI readings notched I WILL cut out small silver rings, very large honker gold rings, very small gold cufflinks (which can come in at high 30's), and gold chains.  I'm being very specific for my targeted area (without giving away too much LOL) many rings were reported missing, moderate to small wedding bands and engagement rings, etc. I'm sure chains and pendants are there.... I'll get those next time wink/wink.  No super sized gold rings reported missing.  Problem with the area is lots and lots of clad.   I have absolutely no interest in dimes and pennies, I'll take the quarters though or visually pass on them if I'm tired of digging them.  Of course my settings have found me LOTS of nickels but you're not finding them you won't be finding gold.  I just want to be alerted to mid-conductors in gold range and the quarters when  I have limited time and I'm tired of hunting with my normal "open" program like I would use if hunting a beach.   Definitely would not use the "Gold Program" if I was hunting a Colonial site. 

I not trying to claim to be Yoda of Metal Detecting who found the secret Holy Grail program.  I'm just using that program as a tool for a specific task.  I am constantly tweaking my programs to get the most out of my site conditions I have before me versus time I have to hunt.  I am always open to suggestions and happy to learn.  Thanks for replying.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Diggin Dude said:

Hi everyone.

Just so you all understand I'm experimenting with this program with gold rings in mind, I totally understand that having certain low/high VDI readings notched I WILL cut out small silver rings, very large honker gold rings, very small gold cufflinks (which can come in at high 30's), and gold chains.  I'm being very specific for my targeted area (without giving away too much LOL) many rings were reported missing, moderate to small wedding bands and engagement rings, etc. I'm sure chains and pendants are there.... I'll get those next time wink/wink.  No super sized gold rings reported missing.  Problem with the area is lots and lots of clad.   I have absolutely no interest in dimes and pennies, I'll take the quarters though or visually pass on them if I'm tired of digging them.  Of course my settings have found me LOTS of nickels but you're not finding them you won't be finding gold.  I just want to be alerted to mid-conductors in gold range and the quarters when  I have limited time and I'm tired of hunting with my normal "open" program like I would use if hunting a beach.   Definitely would not use the "Gold Program" if I was hunting a Colonial site. 

I not trying to claim to be Yoda of Metal Detecting who found the secret Holy Grail program.  I'm just using that program as a tool for a specific task.  I am constantly tweaking my programs to get the most out of my site conditions I have before me versus time I have to hunt.  I am always open to suggestions and happy to learn.  Thanks for replying.

Hey, don’t sleep on those dollarcoins either DD.  Pulled one the other day that I thought was going to be a quarter.  Nice surprise, (though I would have preferred gold, but the beach was having none of that.  :laugh:)

Hope you caught the comment above, but just a reminder to call out the built-in program (e.g., General, Sensitive, Deep HC, Beach etc.) that serves the basis for whatever custom program settings you are creating and sharing as two programs with identical custom user adjustable settings can behave very differently depending on whether you are using Deep HC or Beach starting point, as an example.

20220501_183939.thumb.jpg.37bccedce5e061980dc8ba401941174c.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hey, don’t sleep on those dollarcoins either DD.  Pulled one the other day that I thought was going to be a quarter.  Nice surprise, (though I would have preferred gold, but the beach was having none of that.  :laugh:)

Hope you caught the comment above, but just a reminder to call out the built-in program (e.g., General, Sensitive, Deep HC, Beach etc.) that serves the basis for whatever custom program settings you are creating and sharing as two programs with identical custom user adjustable settings can behave very differently depending on whether you are using Deep HC or Beach starting point, as an example.

20220501_183939.thumb.jpg.37bccedce5e061980dc8ba401941174c.jpg

Nice dollar coin.  I found a Chuck E. Cheese kids token the other day that rang up like a Quarter. 😆

FYI ... I made those videos for Aaron to use a he likes.  I'm not a metal detector video poster on YouTube or on forums but I don't mind Aaron using them for posting if it's useful for people in the hobby.  It's nice he finds them educational enough and takes the time to post them.  I text those videos to him so I keep them short and I may miss mentioning the name of the mother program. The XPD2 shows the number of mother program in upper left (in this case 3).  As a matter a fact I sent him a couple of videos regarding reactivity and I mention programs used after reading this thread 😉.  Thanks for reply and Happy Hunting 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate all the info I can get while I learn this beast. I primarily hunt on land so this gives me some more options to try. I try not to notch much, but I see the need if time is limited. However, I never notch out the penny range. A friend of mine said he never diggs anything in the zinc penny range and one day we were out in an area that had very few good targets, so he dug what he thought was going to be a zincoln just to have a break and it turned out to be a 12.6g 14k gold men's wedding band. Now he diggs all penny range targets. 🙂 

• Like 3

Agreed, zincs need to be dug.
That’s a MONSTER gold ring, seldom are they dug that big.

Aaron

• Like 1