Good Or Bad Tid ???

brys

out yesterday and i got a tid bouncing around at 90 70 and 00.... tones ok ...checked the xy screen and it was a dot in the centre .the ground was stoney and index 72

i dug down 10 inches and found nothing..  not sure whether to keep going... i need to go back with a shovel for the job possibly

its a deep target for sure in gold program

should  i abandon the hole or does it have potential ??????

no litter and it has history ...going back 2000 years ..woodland area never plowed or lived on

i hate to abandon a viking hoard as theyve been found nearby a few years ago ..help

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, brys said:

out yesterday and i got a tid bouncing around at 90 70 and 00.... tones ok ...checked the xy screen and it was a dot in the centre .the ground was stoney and index 72

That's usually big iron for me. Every target I bothered to dig that deep for was a large chunk of old farm equipment, or a rusty lump. Best bet is to find one or two of them to learn not to dig them. 😀 Sometimes it could be a good one but that would be rare.

I saved a somewhat modified Relic program next to my somewhat modified General program. Relic goes really deep, it was designed for a coil swung high above the ground. I switched to that and it will go to iron. Problem solved. If it's still a good signal I'll dig it but it still turns out to be iron.

• Like 3

do they defult to 00 when its a deep target and it doesnt know what to do?

in my tests ancient dense stones can totally mask a coin of silver and give 00  reading

the stones r made of molten rock when it was created millions of years ago and very  heavy

10 hours ago, brys said:

do they defult to 00 when its a deep target and it doesnt know what to do?

Yes in some cases, depends on what program you are using. Relic program does it a lot.

You're in a different country which has much older history. The oldest iron we will find here in the US is about 400 years on average. UK history is much older, and iron is far more plentiful. 

My advice to you is to rely on more positive/reliable signals and IDs, rather than driving yourself crazy or wasting time chasing deep iron, unless a heavy bag is your thing 🙂 it's so much more likely that you are digging deep for iron than coins. You may miss a few, very few, but IMO you won't regret it knowing the alternative which is carrying 20+ pounds of iron.

Good luck and get those good ones! 👍

• Like 1

i am prepared for anythng to be buried round here as iron age forts abound along with roman and bronze age forts and saxon and viking so dont discount anything turning up.even with a bad signal.

• Like 2

I have a vague recollection that the following advice was in a movie from decades ago:

You're gonna need a bigger shovel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

i returned to the hole  to carry on diggng as i was curious ,at 12 inches i retrieved a metal item ,checked it with the deus and the tid was spot on 90 ..trouble is it was a steel pony shoe of some age as the area was a civil war camp so i am in the right place for further digs

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

checked the shoe with th d2  and its tid  is 04 so i wouldnt  have dug it and found the civil war camp