Pick Magnets And Control Boxes

Here is a question for people who have had years of experience with using, selling, or engineering detectors.
Has anyone ever heard if strong magnetic fields, say from a rare earth magnet on a pick head, bumping into contact with the control box have any potential for altering a detector’s performance?
I didn’t think of this until I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I kept hearing lightning spikes on an otherwise on a crystal clear day. 😅

• Like 1

When I got my Gold Bug Pro (August 2015) I read (in the manual, I think) about not getting a magnet close, but that vague comment was all I found.  So I emailed First Texas requesting more detail.  I don't think the person who responded even identified him/herself, but s/he asked one of their engineers and the reply relayed to me was that it could damage the speaker; otherwise not an issue.

• Like 6

No probs with magnets near the electronics coz there's no emission from it....magnets are passive. But I have noticed that my 6000 reacts to my pick being dropped onto the ground a lot, especially if it falls on a quartz rock....now thats sensitive!