The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

Awesome, now that's a great maiden voyage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the red/blue headphone problem as now you've proven it exists, no one seemed to reply about that.  I've drained mine flat and recharged and tried various chargers and all sorts of things to fix that.  Still waiting back to hear from Minelab what they want to do about my GPX and headphones, they're obviously in no rush to resolve it.

I knew you'd like the 6000 over the 4500 🙂

You'll have to go over all your 4500 spots all over again now!

The 6000 does indeed hate the coil being angled, I can no longer use the edge to pinpoint, it gets angry at me and tells me off for doing it.

• Like 3

Nice 1st day out - and if your take was 1.7g per 4 hours, I’d say you only have about 90 more hours to go! 😁  

So Im curious, how often did you use the GB button?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

So Im curious, how often did you use the GB button?

Only used it each time I played with the difficult/normal option.....I didnt even really need to, just thought I should. And once when I got a hot patch. Other than that, it was a totally superfluous button this time....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Awesome, now that's a great maiden voyage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the red/blue headphone problem as now you've proven it exists, no one seemed to reply about that.  I've drained mine flat and recharged and tried various chargers and all sorts of things to fix that.  Still waiting back to hear from Minelab what they want to do about my GPX and headphones, they're obviously in no rush to resolve it.

I knew you'd like the 6000 over the 4500 🙂

You'll have to go over all your 4500 spots all over again now!

The 6000 does indeed hate the coil being angled, I can no longer use the edge to pinpoint, it gets angry at me and tells me off for doing it.

Yeah the headphones don't seem to show full charge, its supposed to stop ANY light (just go out) when fully charged. But mine and yours simply dont....it still works (brilliantly I might add) but no clue as to when I should stop charging em...

Yeah my 4500 was fully modded and I used Elite coils most of the time so it was a leadshot killer as well....but not on the same level as the 6000 Ive learnt. Yes I will certainly go back to all the spots Ive hammered with the 4500. Will certainly keep me busy for a coupla years lol

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

leadshot killer as well....but not on the same level as the 6000 Ive learnt.

Glad you’ve got your GPX6 and enjoyed your first proper day out.  It sure LOVES the lead shot! 

Will be interesting to follow your 38.3 gram quest  👍🏻

• Like 3

Re: headphone charging 

When I put mine on charge after use the light is initially solid red. I've worked out when they've charged up the light flashes blue/red rather than go out like the manual says.

My GPX6000 was a first batch release & the headphones have never gone flat or otherwise failed despite the charging light anomaly. I've used them 2 days in a row without charging & without issue. IMO it's not a concern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Yeah the headphones don't seem to show full charge, its supposed to stop ANY light (just go out) when fully charged. But mine and yours simply dont....it still works (brilliantly I might add) but no clue as to when I should stop charging em...

Great going, Aureous. Welcome to the 6000 club! Regarding headphone charging, mine is red when charging and then turns into a solid blue when fully charged (just like the SP01). I always thought this is the way it's supposed to be until I read your post where you cite the manual saying that the light should go off when fully charged. I missed that in the manual. I think there is some lack of consistency with the headphone charging procedure. They should fix that. But I actually really like the headphones, although I am a bit worried about the somewhat fragile material of the muffs (when compared to the rugged grey ghost muffs). I got my aventree torus today, I finally ordered them after so many praises here on DP. Will check it out on the weekend although I am a bit worried having something dangling around my neck when I am digging. Have fun with the 6000, despite all reported issues it is just an amazing detector. And don't hesitate to go down with gain and difficult on. It will be much tamer while still keeping practically all of it's punch.

GC

• Like 2

Thanks GC, yeah I have to accept that the charging is always gonna be solid blue/slow flash to red instead of how the manual says.... I cross tested a few targets, switching from normal to difficult and couldn't see any difference except on one hot patch that sounded great in normal and vanished in difficult....I dug it up and was nuthin there.... proof I suppose :unsure: 

• Like 2

One other thing I noticed that others have mentioned is the low quality plastic of the coils, it DOES scratch incredibly easy and even just after 4 hours, there are lotsa marks there after swiping my scoop across the top....I think Simon commented that it seems like recycled ice-cream containers or leftover lego scraps lol. I totally get it now and I might add some tape just to protect it better, looks silly but obviously a practical move....

• Like 3