The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

Ok, well a person has replaced their battery with one from Aliexpress in the WM12 and then the unit started changing properly when it would never charge properly with the aged battery in it.   I've never had the problem with mine, it charges completely, JW's one over time developed the light flashing issue as it got older and I'm confident if he replaces the battery in it the problem will go away, the batteries are only cheap, I should sort it out for him.

Well, lucky I didn't get one that flashes with my GPZ or Id be getting it replaced, it's a shame even the WM12 comes new with charging problems too.

My dealers response to the charging problem with my headphones was "we will get them replaced" not just put up with it, she'll be right.  Maybe I'm wrong to think you should expect perfection in regards to quality when you pay the prices you do for these products.

Some interesting reading

Has anyone been able to work out what brand the ML100 headphones actually are? Like with the Equinox they were made by Miccus from China, I'd like to work out what brand the 100's are, perhaps made by Miccus too.  I'll do some research and see as then I'd be able to see if people have had similar problems with the original branded ones too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

If your headphones do the red/blue thing get them replaced, don't put up with substandard gear and blame it on confusion with the manual.

Simon, I think given that most of everyone gets the same 'symptoms', the issue must be with the manual, not the headphones. If it stays solid blue with a red flash every 60 seconds, its charged. Maybe time will prove us all wrong, but after 12 months of user feedback, I reckon this must be correct.....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Great going, Aureous. Welcome to the 6000 club! Regarding headphone charging, mine is red when charging and then turns into a solid blue when fully charged (just like the SP01). I always thought this is the way it's supposed to be until I read your post where you cite the manual saying that the light should go off when fully charged. I missed that in the manual. I think there is some lack of consistency with the headphone charging procedure. They should fix that. But I actually really like the headphones, although I am a bit worried about the somewhat fragile material of the muffs (when compared to the rugged grey ghost muffs). I got my aventree torus today, I finally ordered them after so many praises here on DP. Will check it out on the weekend although I am a bit worried having something dangling around my neck when I am digging. Have fun with the 6000, despite all reported issues it is just an amazing detector. And don't hesitate to go down with gain and difficult on. It will be much tamer while still keeping practically all of it's punch.

GC

I finally put my headphones to charge. They went from solid red to solid blue. I am sure they're good to go. You're gonna love the torus. No worries about em falling off while digging...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But yeah, I wish there was a simple threshold control, if need be as a secondary function. For example, hold backlight button for four seconds, turns volume control into threshold control, or some such thing.

Although I havent looked at the main board, I'd imagine that a simple SMD potentiometer on a tiny sub-board, attached to the threshold output should solve this issue....a simple solution that ML could add at a tiny cost and take up less than 2D 1cm of space. Or, a software upgrade in conjunction with the SMD pot to activate the volume control to become the threshold control??? I'm sure all us serious operators would welcome this, even if we had to pay a coupla hundred $$. Thoughts????

• Like 2

The 6 going wild when changing angles, going wild when jets fly over, or just going wild when it gets a hair up it's ass is why I parted with mine.  Had another nice stable threshold day again today with the SDC and grabbed 4 more...  No flat ground here and always changing angles and the 6 doesn't seem to like that.  I will say that 6 will wake up some old areas and it's good at what it was designed to do...just a little too wild for my liking and area.....jmo

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Although I havent looked at the main board, I'd imagine that a simple SMD potentiometer on a tiny sub-board, attached to the threshold output should solve this issue....a simple solution that ML could add at a tiny cost and take up less than 2D 1cm of space. Or, a software upgrade in conjunction with the SMD pot to activate the volume control to become the threshold control??? I'm sure all us serious operators would welcome this, even if we had to pay a coupla hundred $$. Thoughts????

Im a novice at this, but I discovered what Steve mentioned earlier on my own as well- simply turning down the volume on my Bluetooth speakers (another Avantree fan) gave me some control over threshold volume.  But it also turns down everything- maybe not the best way to do it?

1 hour ago, Purplehays69 said:

I finally put my headphones to charge. They went from solid red to solid blue. I am sure they're good to go. You're gonna love the torus. No worries about em falling off while digging...

The only issue I had with my Torus is the rubber ear bud covers fall off easily- not a big deal as I never use them but maybe one should put a drop of glue on them to keep the covers more secure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

The manual states they're meant to go solid blue when charged, and this is exactly what they're meant to do.

They must have changed it then, because the old manual that I have says the light should turn off when fully charged, not solid blue. But I see in the newer version of the manual they corrected it.🤔

GC

headset.thumb.JPG.688be5d3bcdf01b2e9c4a576b28ed423.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A simple way to see the charge of the earphones is to connect it with the mobile phone.  the phone shows you the charge.  I usually do it with the equinox headphones

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aureous said:

This detector owes me 40 grams so its still got 38.3 to go.... I'll keep yas all posted as to how long it takes.

I may have missed something here, but if gold is Au$84.85 a gram, as it was/is today, multiply that by 40 grams = Au$3394.00 Apparently a GPX 6000 is around Au$8000.00 How do you work out it owes you only 40 grams?

D4G

• Like 1