The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

Well done and no doubt the 6000 will soon pay for its self and then you are in the profit zone. Good feeling.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

Well done and no doubt the 6000 will soon pay for its self and then you are in the profit zone. Good feeling.

Yeah Reg,,,,there's nuthin like having confidence in a detector that you KNOW will find the good stuff on flogged ground! Pure profit is now only an ounce or so away :cool:

• Like 4

You must be starting to feel a bit grumpy you spent so much time with your 4500 now 🙂

I don't yet have confidence in the 6000, I think that'll come when I have aftermarket coils for it, I'm really struggling with the 11", it's just so unstable and noisy and having to noise cancel every few minutes to keep it stable.  The 14" DD is a different story, a pleasure to drive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

You must be starting to feel a bit grumpy you spent so much time with your 4500 now

Nah, the 4500 was amazing once it was modded. I figure that the improvement from un-modded to modded was 50% of what the 6000 is capable of. I got so much gold on old spots I surprised myself. But, the extra 50% is what I'm chasing so the 6000 is the way to go. 

I suspect that either your 11" coil is faulty (not uncommon) or you have way more EMI than I have here...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aureous said:

I suspect that either your 11" coil is faulty (not uncommon) or you have way more EMI than I have here...

Just about to say the same thing.  Thinking it might be a dodgy coil.   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Aureous said:

Havent been out for 3 days....family gets in the way of fun... Still, I got out for 4 hours this afternoon and got another 8 little bits for 1.15gm. Now just 30.5gm to go... just under the ounce mark. :cool:

IMG_20220523_200225.jpg

Nice little bits, but “family gets in the way of fun...”??  You’ve got it bad.

In fact, I think so do I! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2