The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

15 minutes ago, phrunt said:

it'd be cool if Coiltek and NF duplicated their Mono GPX coil sizes and also made them in a DD,

Amazing as it sounds, the 6000 runs the same spec coils as the older GPX....same inductance, same resistance. All you'd need is a 5000-6000 adapter with a chip embedded and you could run any prior GPX coils...in theory. Someone's gotta try it...maybe ask your friends in Kazakhstan for assistance?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I was running the 6000 with the 11 inch coil in sensitivity 1. 2 gold targets that I got that day had a really warbly sound on surface a sound I generally think is trash. Targets firmed up nice an inch or two down. had not heard that before in the auto or plus settings that I usually run. Gold was .5gm and round like shot. I know that the warbly sound is a good indicator of gold on the gpx 7000 from watching Chrissy on outback gold adventures. Has anybody else experienced a very warbly signal response from gold with the 6000. Thanks

• Like 1

Sens 1 is extremely low unless you mean auto 1? With  all the faulty 11" coils, sens 1 wouldn't be unusual lol. The warbly signal is due to the various channels fighting for dominance over the target. All GPX's are multi channel. In the older GP's, Ch1 was larger, lower conductive metal targets (dropping pitch negative sound) and Ch2 was smaller, high conductive targets (raising pitch, positive sound). The warble is both channels trying to 'hear' a target at the same time because the metal sits in-between the conductive range of both channels. The 6000 might even be multi channel (3 or more), i dunno. 

As for my 'progress'....I'm now at 24.8gm, 156 bits of gold. 125 hours detecting. Pic is of last 4 grams found...

4gm 14june.jpg

• Like 7

As for my 'progress'....I'm now at 24.8gm, 156 bits of gold. 125 hours detecting. Pic is of last 4 grams found..

That is a tenth of a penny weight per target average. That's an excellent result 200 bits to make an ounce it won't take long to reach your goal.

• Like 1

Very interesting and thanks for the explanation 👍 yes I was running manual 1 and in difficult and still pinged 10 small bits for the day. The ground I detect is generally surfaced and shallow so I opted for a nice smooth stable threshold over depth. Funny my first 11 inch coil was faulty. Minelab sent me one back within the week. Great service.

you will have yours paid off in no time 👍⚒️👨🏻‍🦯

68E21142-815C-41B3-97AC-63A81B98615C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

42 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

That is what i like to see. Blisters or Callus on the hands is proof that they were well earned. 🙂

Yes, 'pick blisters'.... all detectorists know the signs lol

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

That is a tenth of a penny weight per target average. That's an excellent result 200 bits to make an ounce it won't take long to reach your goal.

Re 'Targets'... I reckon I'm at a ratio of 40:1 for junk (90% lead shot). I'll post a pic of all the junk at the end (40 grams). Some days I dig lead shot endlessly.... a bit of rust is a pleasant surprise! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Running total as of today... 30.87gm (almost an ounce!), 192 bits of gold, 147 hours detecting time. 10.3 grams (thereabouts) to go. Pic is of the last 6.8 grams found in the last 5 afternoons. 

IMG_20220624_204623.jpg

• Like 7