The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

On you crikey a bit different our count for first 1oz with our respective 6Ks, mine was 83pieces. Good fun.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Norvic said:

On you crikey a bit different our count for first 1oz with our respective 6Ks, mine was 83pieces. Good fun.

I suspect you got a few multi-grammers in that lot? I haven't even broken the gram mark with mine yet :unsure:

• Like 1

You're doing very well, I was wondering when your next update would be.

The more shallow gram style pieces that an 11" coil on the 6000 would pick up would have been picked up with the earlier technology I would guess, unless of course it's some weird specimen piece missed by them but the GPZ users would have claimed those bits.

• Like 1

My first ounce with the 6000 here in New Zealand was 31.16 grams in 305 pieces. That reflects our small kiwi gold. Just over .1 of a gram average. That's lots of digging & that's not counting the rubbish digs. By far most of it was with the 11" & a few with the 14". I don't have the 17" as there are not many places I could swing it where I detect. Same really with the 14" as I haven't used that coil much but where I have I got a few bits.

Have been using the 6000 for over 6 months & have had no issues except for the shaft twist. I like it.

D4G

• Like 8

SUCCESS! Its done and dusted.... I'm already 'in the black'.  Since May 10th, Ive found 255 bits of gold for 41.79 grams. 184 hours detecting. The 6000 now owes me nothing, its all cream from here lol. The extra 1.79gm has paid for the canvas protector and neoprene arm rest cover set. Suppose I'll still have to find another 8.1 grams to pay for the 12x7 NF mono coil but I will have that 'in the bank' easily by the time it becomes available. At some stage soon, I'll take a pic of all the junk Ive found....its considerable. 

• Like 6

👍 !  Well Done  !

Awesome feeling reaching the break even point  !

I plan on posting a pic like that for my Nox ....of course my pile of zincolns will be a little bigger. 

🤗 I figure if I zoom out enough to get it all in frame , nobody could see enough detail so I can call them all INDIANHEADS ! 

42 73

I knew you'd do it Aureous, well done and you did it so quickly.   Unfortunately for me it will take a few years to pay for mine but probably a decade if I ever do pay for it by using it as I'll be using my GPZ a lot more than the GPX so I'll be using my GPZ to pay off my GPX 🙂

• Like 1

Well done Aureous. Do you have to travel very far to get to your gold grounds. Fuel costs these days are another large cost in chasing gold that many seem to not mention but becomes part of the equation when talking about gold finds paying the way.

Phrunt, just out of interest have you made your GPZ pay for itself before thinking of gold finds paying for your 6000?

D4G

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Well done Aureous. Do you have to travel very far to get to your gold grounds. Fuel costs these days are another large cost in chasing gold that many seem to not mention but becomes part of the equation when talking about gold finds paying the way.

Phrunt, just out of interest have you made your GPZ pay for itself before thinking of gold finds paying for your 6000?

D4G

Nope, I've got a long way to go to pay for either of them 🙂  Although I've broken the two ounce mark, If I was to take into account fuel costs I'd likely be in the negatives again 🙂

525398831_goldtotal.thumb.jpg.a13df4cff869263c38a97dd8e10464cf.jpg

This is with the plastic bottle zero'd out. 64 grams, I put the little guys on there too that are not in the bottle as I've been using them experimenting but they didn't change it at all from the 64, these scales aren't accurate enough but my little accurate scales can't weigh in the ounces.   Don't know how many hundreds of nuggets that is, a bulk of them are very small.

The Equinox was the only detector to pay for itself, and it did it easily four times over and that was with ring finds more so than gold although it's done pretty well on the nuggets I think.  One ring it found was worth $5630 NZD, a Lord of the Rings Elf 18k Elfish ring which my wife claimed.  If I wanted it to I'd say the Equinox would be the one to pay for the detectors by using it for coins and jewellery as that's a lot easier than gold nuggets!

My best week with the Nox for modern money, even found a note flapping in the wind stuck in a fence that week 😛

1778131683_total20181014_100246.thumb.jpg.b3d712f8db9972e633035b58cfb512f5.jpg

20181001_075229.jpg.4c1f4a1a727232086eedf36be9dce70c.jpg

That rings probably worth near my total gold nugget finds, fortunately for me it's not about the money, I like having my collection of nuggets but they're more about the memories and the finds themselves than their value, they'll never be sold. 

I would say for someone with my skill level and time spent gold detecting that coin and jewellery would be where the easy money is, even my silvers add up to some decent money, a few rare ones among them and this is only about half of them now, never took a recent photo of my coins or jewellery finds but I've broken 6 kilo's of coins now and haven't even checked through most of them to see if there is any rare ones except the silvers.

silvers.jpg.08fd02a0c7fa9d02df7b3584116c40b0.jpg

That gold sovereign I gave away to a friend, not sure it was a real one but pretty sure it's a fake, it wasn't the right weight.

So I guess if I wanted to pay down detectors I should start looking for coins and jewellery far more and less for gold, however I enjoy looking for gold a lot more and don't care about the money side of it.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1