0.71 Was Solid At The Beach

ColonelDan

Interesting for sure. Over on the Gulf side, I run the same settings in Beach Mode except 

Salt Sensitivity = 7

Reactivity = 0

I will say I experimented some and I decided to run Audio Response up to 7 to "hear" the deeper targets easier and found (like mentioned in the manual) it will light up all the smaller surface targets.... it was too chatty for me so I dropped it back down to 6.

All together it is very stable in the water. 

I'm still on version 0.7

Cliff

• Like 4

Very nice post, thanks for being so detailed on the settings, and which program you based it on. 👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you ColonelDan for your excellent report on your recent beach exercise. While it will be a while until I make it to a salt water beach again, it's good to know V0.71 is behaving correctly for the task. I look forward to making it out to the Right Coast again. 😎

• Thanks 1

All,  Thank you for those kind remarks.   They're very much appreciated.

Please keep in mind that although those setting of mine may be a good start point on salt water beaches, they aren't the magic formula for universal success.  Every beach is different so you'll have to adjust the settings to the conditions at your specific site.

As I've always said,  ~Predetermined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. It's up to you to pick the best seat~   😉

Good hunting....

• Like 4

I've found 0.71 to be very good on the beach, though I've had no problems with any of the versions to date.

I generally hunt high VDI relics; 19th century British lead bullets, large cast iron shot and brass artillery fuzes and WW2 German-fired brass and aluminium fuzes. 

For these high VDI targets I favour the low frequency weighting of the Diving program as a base, with reactivity dropped to 0, sensitivity up to 96 and using 5 tones, with breaks for different categories of relics. I use the large numbers profile.

If I'm on a jewellery recovery I use a program based on Beach Sens. Reactivity 0, full tones and using the XY screen.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, cdv said:

Interesting for sure. Over on the Gulf side, I run the same settings in Beach Mode except 

Salt Sensitivity = 7

Reactivity = 0

I will say I experimented some and I decided to run Audio Response up to 7 to "hear" the deeper targets easier and found (like mentioned in the manual) it will light up all the smaller surface targets.... it was too chatty for me so I dropped it back down to 6.

All together it is very stable in the water. 

I'm still on version 0.7

Cliff

Cliff you run tracking on ?

No tracking and down here, GB rarely changes from the preset value. I'm sure on some beaches I'll need to give tracking a try but so far I don't see a need for it.