Deus 2, 9 Or 11 Inch Coil?

TnRebel

A 9" coil is lighter weight, more balanced, and easier to get around stuff if hunting in the bush or around obstacles. 

The 11" is great for the beach, open areas, like fields or pastures. 

Both work extremely well. You could get better depth with the 11" on larger targets. It is a personal option on what you're used too, and what you're looking to do. I use both and love both coils. 9" for the yard, woods, 11" at the beach, or open areas with less trash. I actually wish they made a smaller one around 7", or 5x7".

• Like 6

What type of hunting are you going to be using the D2 for?

Aaron

• Like 1

Hmmmm, if your hunting woods, I’d say the 9”, but for beach obviously the 11”. Since you can only have one, and since you can’t buy separately, (yet)….I’d say (IMHO your best bet is the 9”.  Don’t underestimate the power of the 9” XP coil! 

Aaron

• Like 2

I opted for the 9 inch coil thinking I would snag the 11 inch later when they become available seperately, but I haven't really missed the 11" doing large fields. The 9" is doing well for me and I'm not sure the 11" would do better enough to warrant getting it at this point. But I may change my mind. 

• Like 4

Had the Deus and the dealer talked me into getting the 11” coil and never was happy with it. I later sold it and when the ORX came out with the 9” coil I bought it . If I bought the Deus 11 today it would be the 9” coil on it too .

Above all buy what you think will make you happy! Remember it’s your money you’re spending..

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

I’m in the 9” coil camp as well. I have both and favor the 9” by far, but still want the 11” coil. I’ll be selling the 11” Deus and just buying the coil when it’s possible to get coils separately. 

• Like 2