Deus 2, 9 Or 11 Inch Coil?

TnRebel

I took the 9 because I use it almost exclusively at sea so the 9 glides better and has less friction

if you use it on the beach and also in the water, take the 9

• Like 2

I have the 11” because open fields are my favourite areas. But the 9” is lighter, it’s very accurate. I’d say surgical and the best option on iron infested sites. 

3 hours ago, relicmeister said:

If anyone gets the 13” probably should get a coil centering mount to save your wrist 

Maybe XP should just make it with a center mount. Especially if not produced yet! 

• Like 1

Yeah, you think that the engineers would have figured that out and implemented it by now. Take for instance the N/M 7" concentric coil, mount in the middle, perfect. Then you have the N/M 6" coil for the Legend, and it's all the way over to the side. The same for XP's 11x13" coil, not mounted in the center, nose heavy. You see people making gadgets so that the shaft mounts in the middle. I've dealt with engineers my whole life. That's why I kept a bottle of Advil in my top drawer. 🤣

• Like 2

Since 99% of my hunting is on saltwater beaches and fresh water lakes, I have the 11" coil on both my D2s.  If I have a need to detect in a heavily vegetated area for relics, I'll use my Equinox 800 with a 6" coil.

11 hours ago, fabio said:

I took the 9 because I use it almost exclusively at sea so the 9 glides better and has less friction

if you use it on the beach and also in the water, take the 9

That’s a nice idea.