New Permission - "surely, You Can't Be Serious?"

I need to move to Virginia!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Haha 2

"And don't call me Shirley"🤣

Fun hunt, cool finds, and a good old punchline!!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another great hunt, wish I had time to get out there.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Good hunt, nice write up! 

Love the early barrel tap, and congrats on the largie!

I believe the Shirley bit is part of a suspender clip, find them frequently at western ghost towns, although they usually say Shirley President. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Good hunt, nice write up! 

Love the early barrel tap, and congrats on the largie!

I believe the Shirley bit is part of a suspender clip, find them frequently at western ghost towns, although they usually say Shirley President. 

Thanks for the positive ID, Cal. 👍tennis.thumb.jpg.330cc197c31810e5fe3c3d635f794347.jpg1113632722_VIntage-1900s-EARLY-VINTAGE-SHIRLEY-PRESIDENT-SUSPENDERS-W.jpg.e250b7f6472b3ea485bed612d022deb4.jpg

The brass plate does have a bit of the grip left on it, I've seen the "President" part before on the forum. Appreciate the help! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another great hunt, wish I had time to get out there.

Good luck on your next outing.

As soon as I can I'm going to use the Equinox here, the Deus is great, but I still love that detector. 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

"And don't call me Shirley"🤣

Fun hunt, cool finds, and a good old punchline!!👍👍

😀 I must be an annoying person sometimes, any time anyone says something like "Coffee?" I say:

"Yes it is." 🤣

Even made up one of my own, at the hardware store when they say "Would you like a bag?"

"Nah, I'll eat it here" 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I need to move to Virginia!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

That would be a long trip for these sort of relics 😀 this little spot gave up quite a few. What surprised me was the lack of nails everywhere, or I've tuned them out. Interesting mix of 1700s to early 20th Century.

There's gotta be some silver here somewhere... Might be too much to hope for gold. 🤔 Just got started. This building wasn't on any topo, but the earliest map I can find for this area is 1917, and the earliest aerial is 1967. They moved the main road possibly because of erosion, there was only a small opening to the "field of bees".

That was weird. I kept hearing a buzz in my ears, I'm glad I had the WS6 on. I'm very lucky they weren't in a stinging mood, there were thousands. 😬

• Like 2