New Permission - "surely, You Can't Be Serious?"

31 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Lots of great stuff there for the first hunt!   Finding that large cent gives you the inCENTive for going back!  Lol

If I may ask, what does the land owner want you to look for?

Finding the buttons and other really old objects is incentive enough. 😀  

I'm looking for something the owner lost a few years ago, it will have a post of its own if I'm able to find it. It isn't going to be easy. Just something special to him. 🙂

• Like 2

There's another field you two will clean out before I can get there !😵

It's good you can figure out what the finds were though.... 

So I still "found" out what they were...and my gas mileage was terrific  !😉

I just loaded all my gear into the car...and I might be able to get to use it too !

(I think mom has developed psychic abilities , she always calls as soon as I get half way to anywhere to go detecting arrrrrrrrrrgh. 

Well , except for that time a couple of weeks ago when I made it all the way to the beach and got out the scoop + put my boots on to go down to the sand and there was my detector , GONE ???🙄   Still on the wall in the camper 20 miles away !😢  

But I got there so , I guess that counts as a skunk . 

Cuz pfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew , It sure did "stink"  !

Hey , I'll take it.    I DID make it all the way there ! And I stayed for a few minutes for a quick walk down the the water line................

I think I'll ask the maintenance guy at mom's if I can dig up his lawn  ! 🤔

• Haha 4

Great group of finds again and the large cent is awesome, well done!! Your local history sure beats mine, but I keep hoping for an old coin. I know there's still one out there somewhere! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great group of finds again and the large cent is awesome, well done!! Your local history sure beats mine, but I keep hoping for an old coin. I know there's still one out there somewhere! 😉

It's all about location, I wouldn't be a detectorist if I didn't find colonial stuff and musket balls in my yard. 😀 The cut pistareens I found in the farm out front just hammered the nails in the coffin. 🤣

County was established in 1643 or somewhere there, it doesn't get much earlier than that but to the dismay of myself and Chase it's been a frugal economy for near 400 years 😁 Farmers here are all millionaires but you'd never know it. Best part is the county has a DuPont trust to discourage "progress". 🙂 Ya have to get a permit to get a permit 🤪

Use all the resources available to ya and charm the socks off the landowners, and the worm will turn. Public lands, while replenished, rarely contain the really old stuff. Someone else is sitting on it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

There's another field you two will clean out before I can get there !😵

It's good you can figure out what the finds were though.... 

So I still "found" out what they were...and my gas mileage was terrific  !😉

I just loaded all my gear into the car...and I might be able to get to use it too !

(I think mom has developed psychic abilities , she always calls as soon as I get half way to anywhere to go detecting arrrrrrrrrrgh. 

Well , except for that time a couple of weeks ago when I made it all the way to the beach and got out the scoop + put my boots on to go down to the sand and there was my detector , GONE ???🙄   Still on the wall in the camper 20 miles away !😢  

But I got there so , I guess that counts as a skunk . 

Cuz pfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew , It sure did "stink"  !

Hey , I'll take it.    I DID make it all the way there ! And I stayed for a few minutes for a quick walk down the the water line................

I think I'll ask the maintenance guy at mom's if I can dig up his lawn  ! 🤔

Haha RVP, I know the feeling sometimes. I'm so scared to forget stuff it takes a while to get out the door. I'm trying to remember to keep spare stuff in my truck, but we use it for everything. Just spent over $200 for diesel and gas for my mower. 😵

I'm hoping my posts are entertaining to a degree. 🤔

• Like 3

The tap is my favorite of your finds there. Plan on restoring and testing it out?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, kac said:

The tap is my favorite of your finds there. Plan on restoring and testing it out?

I tried to offer it to the landowner but he didn't want it. 😀 My "tapping" days are over but it is a nice one, about the third one I've found. It goes in the "stuff that won't fit in a Riker case" box. 🙂

• Like 2

The large brass foot is intriguing to me as I found the exact same thing here at an 1850's homesite. Its connected to a brass rod and has a finial in the middle of the 18" section. I have theorized it may belong to an early car.

• Like 2