Charging Question

Okay, this maybe a silly noob question, but when charging, how do you tell if the Remote, WS6, and coil are fully charged? There's nothing in the manual explaining this. In the "Coil LED Flashing and Meaning" section it states that "coil on charge - LED stays on", but nothing about when charging is done and nothing about the remote or WS6 charging status.

• Like 1

The coil LED will come on and go off every 4 seconds when charged.

WS6 and remote both have battery indicators that flash in "full" state when fully charged. 🙂 While charging they flash incrementally. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the info, I was wondering if maybe I wasn't fully charging because I sometimes don't let them charge for the full 3 hours stated in the manual. 

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I sometimes don't let them charge for the full 3 hours stated in the manual

This is what I could find:

http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/xp-deus-classroom/xp-deus-advanced-settings/xp-deus-charging-and-battery-care/

They don't recommend leaving the charger plugged in all the time, but I'm thinking that the coil LED flashes all the time, indicating it is always slowly discharging the battery. As for the remote, it seems kind of silly to have to unplug it after 3 hours. 😵

There's an awful lot of battery voodoo out there, the XP power supply is supposed to be both a regulator and trickle charger. 🤪

I leave my other detector plugged in all the time, but I use it a lot. Guess I'll be more careful with the Deus, but will always leave it charging for more than 3 hours.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

When I need to charge, I usually plug the charger in before going to bed and unplug it in the morning.  I also don’t charge anything unless it needs it.  For example, if I know I’ll be going on a five hour hunt and the coil is showing 2 bars, I’ll charge it the night before.  If I’m going out for an hour or two I won’t charge it.  My coil gets charged more than the remote or ws6.  

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

I think everyone should go back and click the link F350Platinum posted.

• Like 1

According to the link, it recommends charging it for 3hrs, and not charging it overnight. And also, not running it dry, but keeping it “topped off” Glad this thread was started👍

Aaron

• Like 1