I Finally Did It

Way to go Doc, getting anything published these days is difficult at best.
Hearty congratulations, I'm sure it's a worthy read.

• The title was changed to I Finally Did It

Don't misunderstand guys.  someone didn't publish this, I did it myself.  I thought if a company like Gold Rush Expeditions thought it was good enough to publish in their Christmas magazine I thought maybe it was time for me to put it in book form for posterity.

Let's face it, it's not some epic novel.  It's just a short feel good Christmas story.

I mean it probably reads at the second grade level. 😄

I've never been much on correct punctuation.

(Actually I did pay to have it professionally proof read and corrected.  Not sure how good a job they did.)

I know most of you have read and enjoyed this story over the years.  It is still up on my website and you can read it for free.

This wasn't a money making project, but as I said many of you have asked if I had it in book form.  It would probably make a good Christmas stocking stuffer for your favorite prospector.

Doc

• Like 3

On 5/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, Doc said:

Don't misunderstand guys.  someone didn't publish this, I did it myself.  I thought if a company like Gold Rush Expeditions thought it was good enough to publish in their Christmas magazine I thought maybe it was time for me to put it in book form for posterity.

Let's face it, it's not some epic novel.  It's just a short feel good Christmas story.

I mean it probably reads at the second grade level. 😄

I've never been much on correct punctuation, so you might say this little story is like an old woman that has gone through menopause... no periods; just one run on sentence for 63 pages.  😂

(Actually I did pay to have it professionally proof read and corrected.  Not sure how good a job they did.)

I know most of you have read and enjoyed this story over the years.  It is still up on my website and you can read it for free.

This wasn't a money making project, but as I said many of you have asked if I had it in book form.  It would probably make a good Christmas stocking stuffer for your favorite prospector.

Doc

A crude reference to woman.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got your autographed copy of the book Doc, and many thanks for putting it together. A very engaging tale of a lovely story about chasing the gold as well as the most important values in life. Truly enjoyed the read, and in addition, I came to realize that you're already a published author! Congratulations on that achievement as well.

All the best Doc, and thanks for spinning a yarn I'll always remember,

Lanny