Back To The New Permission, Got Some Coins

All very interesting. I'm glad you are able to get out & on some nice sites.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JCR said:

All very interesting. I'm glad you are able to get out & on some nice sites.

Thanks! Retirement is great. 👍 Weather here is tolerable even in the winter, but it gets windy sometimes. Worst is when we get a long drought, the ground gets like concrete. Almost did recently. We had nearly no snow this winter but it rained a lot.

• Like 3

Nice work there 350..lots of coins...looks like all the money was back east...you keep getting those large cents gonna have to call you a Hoover boy soon lol. Question what happens if you get a real nice signal under one of those corn seedlings 🙂 

strick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, strick said:

Question what happens if you get a real nice signal under one of those corn seedlings 🙂 

I plug out the seedling, dig the target, put the seedling back. It's going to rain quite a bit this week so there should be no damage. Only had to do this a few times. The owner said he would handle any complaints from the farmer. 🙂 I want to hunt this area as much as possible before the corn gets too high.

• Like 4

Congrats on the finds, and I think that you will do better the more you use the NOX. Right now it's still upset with you and if you show it that you haven't forgotten about her, she will get you some really nice items.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

if you show it that you haven't forgotten about her, she will get you some really nice items.

I have no doubt that it will. 🙂 The main reason I used it instead is the history of IDs it has over the Deus 2. If you want to find something specific, you have to use a detector that has been around for a while - with a lot of published IDs.

I see no difference in what the 600 with the 10x5 can detect vs. the Deus 2, the main advantage I get from the Deus is that it is much lighter, more adjustable, more interoperable, and the MI-6 pinpointer has much more reach than the Garrett. They both have ~9" coils. In the future I expect to be able to "tune out" more undesirable finds because the 600 has limited controls and is far more susceptible to EMI.

I'm not seeing a major difference in depth between the two, seems to me if it's there within a foot of the surface I'll find it. 🙂 I shy away from larger coils because separation is more important to me. With a lighter/faster detector I can cover the same ground as a heavier/larger one in the same amount of time, and identify small stuff quickly.

So yeah, the Equinox isn't going anywhere. It's a heckuva detector. 🙂 If Minelab comes out with a better version I might get it, but I'll keep the tried and true. 

• Like 3

More great relic finds, well done! I'm taking the D2 & the Nox to a ghost town this weekend, wish me luck! 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I have no doubt that it will. 🙂 The main reason I used it instead is the history of IDs it has over the Deus 2. If you want to find something specific, you have to use a detector that has been around for a while - with a lot of published IDs.

I see no difference in what the 600 with the 10x5 can detect vs. the Deus 2, the main advantage I get from the Deus is that it is much lighter, more adjustable, more interoperable, and the MI-6 pinpointer has much more reach than the Garrett. They both have ~9" coils. In the future I expect to be able to "tune out" more undesirable finds because the 600 has limited controls and is far more susceptible to EMI.

I'm not seeing a major difference in depth between the two, seems to me if it's there within a foot of the surface I'll find it. 🙂 I shy away from larger coils because separation is more important to me. With a lighter/faster detector I can cover the same ground as a heavier/larger one in the same amount of time, and identify small stuff quickly.

So yeah, the Equinox isn't going anywhere. It's a heckuva detector. 🙂 If Minelab comes out with a better version I might get it, but I'll keep the tried and true. 

F350, i think you are right to stay with your Nox.  use the Deus on sites you already know so you learn it well on known ground. I hate the thought of missing an item or two  that maybe the Deus might do better on than the Nox, but if you arent hearing the Deus tones as well as the Nox yet...probably way more you will walk over with the Deus.  My opinion.  Good luck to you on your search, man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

More great relic finds, well done! I'm taking the D2 & the Nox to a ghost town this weekend, wish me luck! 😉

Best of luck to ya! 👍 I don't have any ghost towns near me but there are "ghost" farms, where the house is long abandoned and the land is rented. Got my eye on a couple of those... 🤔

• Like 2