Mark In Bagdad, Az

BagdadAz

Hi Everyone, My name is Mark and I've been prospecting for gold for a few years. I primarily do metal detecting but I also like dry washing. The learning curve for detecting has been a long one for me but I've eventually managed to find enough gold to pay for my first gold detector (a ML GPX 4500). As I live in Bagdad Arizona, I wonder if other members have had much success detecting in the Eureka District here. I detected my first gold nugget in a small feeder wash off of Cowboy Wash a few miles southeast of the Cowboy mine but other than that, I've not had much success in the district. I would be interested in hearing what others think about the area?  I enjoy prospecting in areas like the Bradshaws and Gold Basin here in AZ and also like to do occasional trips over to the Dale District in Southern Cal. The Cargo Muchachos are a favorite as well. So good prospecting to everyone and try to stay safe out there. 

• Like 6

Mark welcome to the forum and I am sure that someone will be getting back to you on your questions.

Feel free to post your stories on your gold hunts and show some pictures of your finds, as we all enjoy the hunts as much as you do.

• Like 1

I probably should post my question in the gold detecting forum rather than the meet and greet. And thanks for the welcome. I have been following this forum for a little while now and thanks you guys for your willingness to share so much of your hard earned knowledge...it's appreciated. And if anyone is interested in detecting around the Bagdad area, feel free to message me as I'm familiar with most of the roads and mines of the district. 

On 5/12/2022 at 11:34 PM, BagdadAz said:

Hi Everyone, My name is Mark and I've been prospecting for gold for a few years. I primarily do metal detecting but I also like dry washing. The learning curve for detecting has been a long one for me but I've eventually managed to find enough gold to pay for my first gold detector (a ML GPX 4500). As I live in Bagdad Arizona, I wonder if other members have had much success detecting in the Eureka District here. I detected my first gold nugget in a small feeder wash off of Cowboy Wash a few miles southeast of the Cowboy mine but other than that, I've not had much success in the district. I would be interested in hearing what others think about the area?  I enjoy prospecting in areas like the Bradshaws and Gold Basin here in AZ and also like to do occasional trips over to the Dale District in Southern Cal. The Cargo Muchachos are a favorite as well. So good prospecting to everyone and try to stay safe out there. 

Welcome to the forum, Mark. I own a claim near Bagdad together with a few friends. Perhaps we can meet up one day. 

GC

• Like 1

Thanks Gold Catcher. Has the Eureka District been good to you? I worked with a guy here in Bagdad that said he had some success. He  worked a claim off of Burro Creek road for awhile before running afoul of the BLM. Anyway, lots of places to hunt so I try to not limit myself to one particular area. Good hunting to you and hope our paths cross someday.

Hi Mark, Just drove the Camp Rock Rd over to the dinner last weekend, live in North Williamson Valley.  Hunting in the Bradshaws and down to the Cleator and Black canyon area. So far Skunked but determined. Spent Lots of time in the Dale area when I lived in central Kalifornia our club the WSPA had several claims there that were productive. Hope to meet up with you in the field prospecting or will PM you about our next trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BagdadAz said:

Thanks Gold Catcher. Has the Eureka District been good to you? I worked with a guy here in Bagdad that said he had some success. He  worked a claim off of Burro Creek road for awhile before running afoul of the BLM. Anyway, lots of places to hunt so I try to not limit myself to one particular area. Good hunting to you and hope our paths cross someday.

We just got the claim a few weeks ago but the preliminary findings by the team have been very promising.

GC

• Like 3