The Detectorists!

Loved that show! Was able to watch it online here. Hope I can watch the special episode too when it comes out. 

• Like 5

Nice, I liked that one too. Seemed like it ended too early, looking forward to this special!

• Like 3

Never seen it, but I will look it up and try to watch it.

• Like 1

Happy to hear the good news Simon!!

Definitely enjoyed the series! Beats many of the "reality" detecting shows by far! Just don't overanalize, and enjoy the story, beautiful countryside, and humor of seasoned British actors!👑👍👍

• Like 7

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

People who have no interest in detecting can watch it and enjoy it.

Just watched season 1 today. My wife resisted, but now likes it. Very well done, sort of like "AfterLife" by Rick Gervais. Thanks for posting about the movie. 👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yea, I don't really enjoy the over excited clowns they use in lots of the metal detecting "reality" slows in the US, it's like they've drunk about 50 red bulls and sucked on a bobble of nitrous oxide for an hour before they start filming.   They seem to favour using loud obnoxious hyperactive people and if I ever watch them I've got the wife on my back telling me to turn it off or turn it down as she can't stand hearing the people either,  jumping up and down all excited then running around in circles and yelling because they find some old crusty bullet.

I haven't seen the show, but I see some similarities here...

-  I *do* still freak out when I get large nuggets, often screaming out to nobody but the local bobcat and mtn lion, which are no doubt wondering why I am in their territory in the middle of the night, with a machine that squeals like a rabbit being attacked.

-  In order for me to do my night hunts, I am known to drink a couple red bull type drinks and thirst busters, to keep me amped up for the night.   I just hope my body can handle the octane in short durations.

Maybe if I had news crews following me around, I would seem like an excited clown, too!!  LOL. 

But I PROMISE YOU, you would not see me jumping around in circles because I find an ancient bullet!  I find lots and lots.. and lots of bullets.

• Haha 4