It's Going To Be An All Nickels Number Range This Time Out

20 on the deep ones, 26 0n the shallow and 22 to 24 mid-range. But I went to the closet and pulled out my Mystery Master Classic. Who will reign supreme? Well, the "Iron Chef" of course. Bon apatite.

Assuming your going for jewelry? Usually concentrate on foil to nickes here.

• Like 1

If some gold pops up I won't leave it in the hole.🤩Better chance for nickels at this sight. It's an old country church with tons of non-ferrous. I have taken out the old silver and copper. 

• Like 4

Maybe you will pop out a few v's.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

Heavy rain killed the nickel hunt. Will try again this weekend.

• Sad 1

Few years ago I found all these nickels in a local swim hole, most were in a small area maybe 10'sq. Figured someone was trying to drown their kid and stuff their pocket with them.

IMG_0713.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That's allot of nickels.

I'm hunting a new permission with The Legend. I have not dug any Nickels yet but the Wheat cents are running a wide spread like George's Nickels. 38-41 TID in Multi @ 4-8 inches. Out of the ground 43-44. They have a good bit of corrosion.  The ground is very funky here. I have adjusted my TB accordingly.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to It's Going To Be An All Nickels Number Range This Time Out
  • 3 months later...

I have been digging a fair amount of Nickels the last few hunts with The Legend. Almost all Buffalos that are well corroded @6-8 inches. TIDs can range from 19-23. This mirrors George's observations. M1 Field, still running V1.08. Corroded small Cents are also down some, 36-42 TID. Silver coins seem to hold their respective TID much tighter even though they also have fairly heavy encrustation from laying in boggy ground 100+ years. Using the LG35 coil.