Forgot to add that I have have decided that my favorite way of pin pointing with the Equinox has become the " pumping method" . Seems accurate, fast and will give an idea of target ID without listening to the scream of the pin point button.

• Like 1

Nice finds, I always swing in different directions to pinpoint more closely with the 800.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Is the ring gold? Great stuff. My yard finds were mostly colonial out back, that's what got me going. As I got closer to the house, it was all construction material, mine was built in 2008. Really learned to plug the ground well as I am a bit of a "lawn nut" 😀 Button definitely looks late 1800s-mid 1900s. 👍

Never was big on machine pinpointing myself, after a while I got really good at spotting the center by eye, and the hand pointer did the rest. 🙂

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice finds, I always swing in different directions to pinpoint more closely with the 800.

Good luck on your next hunt.

I swing from different directions  and then start to pump. If there are two targets you can  tell by the tone changes when the coil is moved to one side or the other while pumping easier than with just a swing. The strongest signal is right in the middle of the coil. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Is the ring gold? Great stuff. My yard finds were mostly colonial out back, that's what got me going. As I got closer to the house, it was all construction material, mine was built in 2008. Really learned to plug the ground well as I am a bit of a "lawn nut" 😀 Button definitely looks late 1800s-mid 1900s. 👍

Never was big on machine pinpointing myself, after a while I got really good at spotting the center by eye, and the hand pointer did the rest. 🙂

The ring is silver and gold plated. Very thin plating. I think onyx stone in the middle.

My fiancee says the silver button is most likely from the 20's to 30's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lost Scout said:

The ring is silver and gold plated. Very thin plating. I think onyx stone in the middle.

My fiancee says the silver button is most likely from the 20's to 30's.

Silver and gold from your yard. That's better than I did 😀 awesome. 👍

• The title was changed to Digging Up My Yard