Survey: Lowest Tid For Precious Metal With Deus 2

ColonelDan

What is the lowest TID you've seen for any type of precious metal using the Deus 2; broken jewelry, low karat, small chain, micro jewelry etc.?  ANY type at all but it must be precious metal.

• Like 1

Small 14k chain, 6 grams (27). Crayon in picture for size comparison of targets.

B2407E0F-AE79-429F-94A9-D071EC15EDFC.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So far, the only gold I’ve found is the crucifix I posted a few weeks ago. It was a solid 37-38, and I was using the XY. It was making a little squiggly dot in the center of the screen. I’ll try to do a video on small gold conductors ….

Aaron

9AE0E77B-068C-44A3-BBEA-19B0AE1E1D8E.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also am interested to know what the cut-off line between ferrous and small gold jewelry is.  Based on scanning a few small nuggets, I suspect the break is around ID# 25. 

I don't have any gold chains or bracelets to test, so if anybody has any info on where those read on the Deus 2, it would be helpful.  I currently ignore most signals below 34 or so when detecting for jewelry in parks.  I bet I'm passing over chains and bracelets, but unlike other detectors where ID# "0" and below are iron, I don't know where the cut-off is on the Deus 2. 

I've found a tiny 14k ladies ring at an ID# of 39.  Weight was .62 grams. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, your going to have to dig A LOT of foil to find that elusive gold chain, (that I’m still looking for too!). I strongly believe that if your looking for small gold that that, you need to be looking in places it is lost most often, and trash being on the low side.
For example soccer and football fields where there is physical contact amongst people, or tot lots where mothers lose bracelets and chains playing w their kids.

Also, being too reliant on your VDI can be a mistake as the audio is even more important, volumes could be said on this. The guys w the old beep and digs especially the Tesoro’s know what I’m talking about….

Now if only the Deus 2 could have the same audio that the good old Goldmaxx Power has,,, now that’s a machine thats TUNED to find gold and does NOT like foil!

Aaron

• Like 3

Let’s ask the question a little differently.

Recognizing that metallurgical composition varies considerably, Where, in general, is the cut off line/number between ferrous and non-ferrous on the Deus2 tone break scale?  Realizing that the demarcation would not be a hard and fast number applicable in all cases, but for the most part, where does that line fall?

Yesterday while park hunting, two ladies approached and asked questions about metal detecting.  One of them placed a small and thin white gold band with what looked like a small diamond in the center on the ground and asked if the Deus 2 could hear it.  Among some flashes of 9-10 ID#, the ring rand up primarily as a 15! 

I have known white gold generally will give a low ID# on most detectors, but I didn't expect a number THAT low.  I've been missing small white gold like this for sure since I dig few targets under a 40, though I do dig foils down to 32 if I'm in the mood. 

So, its looking like if we want white gold and chains/bracelets, its going to be necessary to dig numbers into the teens with the Deus 2!  :ohmy: 

P.S.  One thought I just had is perhaps an iron object was in the ground to pull the ID# of the ring lower?  If not, 15 is really low in my mind.  Its too bad I can't do a retest, but I can see white gold responding low like this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Calmark said:

Yesterday while park hunting, two ladies approached and asked questions about metal detecting.  One of them placed a small and thin white gold band with what looked like a small diamond in the center on the ground and asked if the Deus 2 could hear it.  Among some flashes of 9-10 ID#, the ring rand up primarily as a 15! 

I have known white gold generally will give a low ID# on most detectors, but I didn't expect a number THAT low.  I've been missing small white gold like this for sure since I dig few targets under a 40, though I do dig foils down to 32 if I'm in the mood. 

So, its looking like if we want white gold and chains/bracelets, its going to be necessary to dig numbers into the teens with the Deus 2!  :ohmy: 

I've known some gold to ring up low like that too so I've set my iron tone break at 10.  Will I dig more trash that way?  Yes, but our beaches don't contain much true iron...aluminum is the culprit here.   Thanks for the report! 

• Like 1

This was a 1 on the Equinox, I'll get a Deus reading in a bit. Tested 18k.

20220513_180733.thumb.jpg.60cadf38a7b1f64b4e76f0834fffdb7d.jpg

It is a 32 in both unmodified and modified General.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1