More Tones = Less Depth!

Ogliuga

Have been in the high mineralization area to demonstrate that full tones is less deep than 2-3 tones and obviously than Pitch one. Signal difference is clear: very low conductor in the bottom of a 6” hole, with full tones signal which  is much weaker, “dirty” than 2-3 and Pitch. That’s why I wrote that with pitch machine is less filtered, maybe  it’s not the right term but it was definitely what I wanted to demonstrate. E5E456CC-CEF4-44E9-8B59-EE8A8B5C1935.jpeg.162184832eec7bad8333cf10981e6861.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQwoJ1qDps

• Like 5

I have observed the same in my severely mineralized soils while searching for coins and jewelry. 

Generally, the greater the number of tones I use, the weaker and more distorted the signals are unless targets are nearly on top of the ground.  I find I favor pitch tones to make signals "better", meaning louder and overall a bit less clipped or scratchy than when using other audio.   This makes the audio ID of the machine less useful in difficult soils, so I find I rely a lot on hearing a beep and using the visual ID to determine if I dig or not.  This definitely makes recognizing good targets a slower process than just using your ears like with full tones or 5-tones to sort the good from the bad targets. 

• Like 1

I 100% agree with you. As if I said so! 👍

Tech changes, but this still holds true. Have always preferred a 2 tone setup, the low tone for the targets I'm not interested in, and the high tone for the targets I am. Really no need for different tones for targets that I know I'm going to dig anyhow, just my preference and why I still swing a White's Mixed Mode. 3 custom programs I've built on my buddies D2 I've got to run for the last couple months until his arm heals up are, #2 Sense in 2 Tone, Mono 17khz in 2 Tone, and a tweaked Relic mode program. Can't help but think a small mono coil could come into play in the scenarios mentioned if XP ever made one. Would love a big mono coil for the ORX, though the 13" X 35 is no slouch.

• Like 3

Agree. I like your “tones’ philosophy”, 2 tones are essential but they work! If we take a look at the deepest analogs, like Blisstool V6 but Relic Striker and Desert Gold as well, we see that many are single tone or 2 tones: and they are the deepest VLFs on the market as well as performing on mineralized soils..

• Like 1