Simplex With Detech The Arrow Coil Playground Hunt

Looks like it does well. Do quarters have same TID as stock coil?

That is a lot of targets.

It never crossed my mind it'd be OK on the Simplex as the Simplex target ID's are quite reliable for shallow targets, I bought it for my AT Gold and avoided the Simplex due to the poor target ID on the Simplex but I didn't think about the coil's focus is shallow targets.  I quite like it on my AT Gold though and it's very sensitive to small gold considering the detectors frequency.

You did well with the Arrow and you've perfectly used it for and demonstrated it's strong points.  It's a really nice coil.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

It never crossed my mind it'd be OK on the Simplex as the Simplex target ID's are quite reliable for shallow targets, I bought it for my AT Gold and avoided the Simplex due to the poor target ID on the Simplex but I didn't think about the coil's focus is shallow targets.  I quite like it on my AT Gold though and it's very sensitive to small gold considering the detectors frequency.

You did well with the Arrow and you've perfectly used it for and demonstrated it's strong points.  It's a really nice coil.

Poluted ground and emi effect target id's. Smaller coils always seem to be more accurate as they are less effected by both. Trend of 11" round dd coils seem more for marketing than practicality. I like my Superfly but most areas other than low trash fields or the beach it is counter productive around here. I can see how that Arrow would be good where you can nose around the trash fairly well and still cover tons of ground.

Been using a Cors Shrew on the Cibola in school yards and parks lately and am amazed how many targets I can pick out.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thank you. Yes, since not available for the Equinox or Vanquish, it will probably stay permanently on my Simplex and gave me a reason to keep it for exactly this type of hunting!  I’ll be hitting up some more playgrounds when ground is too hard. I also can’t wait to try it on the beach towel line sometime and sand scoop. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...